• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    You need to read the directions a little closer. You should change the above to the following:

Code:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /execute /fastdetect

Comment

Doesnt work!

Sorry it doesnt work! so i use alcohol 120! Still prefer daemon though!

Comment

think that setting is for dep isn't it? and i dont think its the reason here, cos i have dep on on one of my pc's, and off on the other and have never had a dt pro problem when installing
        my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Yeah, that changes DEP settings to disabled. I don't know if it fixes anything or not, I was just helping mura figure out what to do. I never turn off DEP on any of my machines and have never had an issue with Alcohol or DTools Pro.

Comment

same here, i think the problem has to be something else

Comment

Well, I never turned off Daemon... I only used to unmount the images.. I use only Daemon lite 4.30.. Just i question.. What is dep???? Alcohol 120 works well so far

Comment

dep = data execution prevention

put simply, before its existance, code could be executed from the stack and/or memory areas... now, those areas have to be marked as 'executable' for the system to allow it to run, if dep is enabled and a program tries to execute from the stack or from a memory area that is not marked as executable, it generally results in a crash / error appearing and the program being terminated

some old protections did this, running code from the stack (safedisc and securom in particular), which is why in windows xp sp2 and higher, there is a 'handler' for this in the pe loader which enables dep for those executables...

Data Execution Prevention - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

check out this guy's post Its all too Geeky...: Daemon tool pro error : -1

Comment

2 of my friends had the same error message directly after installing Daemon tools and fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling.
                    Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

I got second newest daemon version, (lite) and I have XP sp3.
                      Somehow similar problem, but it asks tells me about Daemon tool pro drive error: 3.
                      I google'd the problem and found other topic, but it didnt help me out at all..
                      Heres the picture bout error screen (its Finnish, I translated it.).

I have battled with this for some time, and havent beaten it yet.
                      Help would be appreaciated.
                      (I didnt bother to make new thread).

Comment

it can be solved

This is what The GeekWay (now relocated) advised:
                        • Rightclick My Computer
                        • Select Properties
                        • Select the Hardware tab
                        • Click on Device Manager
                        • Look for SCSI and RAID controllers - It will already be expanded and there will be a cross on its icon (not visible in image) which indicates that its not functioning.
                        • Right Click on ANNxxxxx IDE controller and select Update Driver
                        • Update using default options.

With me, it was not exactly like this, but it pointed me into the right direction:

while still having the error, SCSI and RAID controllers contained one driver only already marked by xp with a yellow exclamation mark. Update requests could not solve this (driver not found), but assuming it was a remaining thing of the defective DT Lite, I completely removed it. Then, uninstalling and reinstalling DT Lite inserted an operational controller there. The installation took quite some time "updating the drivers".

Interestingly, the new controller is a different one (different name, at least) from the one I had before.

Having XP64 SP2

Wim

Comment

hmm

i had the same problem, and it worked! now i just have a new problem:
                          Daemon tools pro driver error: 3

anybody who can help?

Comment

Hey guys,
                            I'm having about the same problem...
                            first time I started Daemon Tools for Windows 7 (Latest version) it said I didn't have a virtual drive... it gives me an error message saying: Pro Driver Fout: 3
                            I don't get any of this and I don't know how to make it all work, cause I really want it to work fast! :P

Please help me!

Thanks!

Comment

Daemon tools pro driver error: 1500

Hi, I dont know if posting this here is not right but I have a question I have the daemon tools lite version 4.40.2 with WIndows XP Pro w/Service Pack 3. I tried to turn it on today and it gave me that error also when I installed like two days ago every time I tried to start it up it said updating virtual devices and every time it did that it asked for a reboot and never started. If I can get some help with that it will be greatly appreciated, Thanks a lot.

Comment

try installing 3.47 if u use xp, much better and stable than the others on xp and uses little memory

Comment

Working...
                                X