Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: CloneCD and Safedisc V2.8

New User

Quote Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
    that don't impressed me much, this only means that hide-cdr-driver is now invisible but is still there, the really important question is, is CCD able to create full working backups even of SafeDisc 2.8 and does this images run on computers without CCD or CCD-related stuff installed?

The "feature" you mentioned seems only of cosmetic nature. But I'm not sure, so feel free to correct me, if I'm wrong.
    Yes it is invisible (a bit like Alcohol's RMPS I would think). BUT, provided you disable Hide CDR Media prior to exiting the CCD Tray from the taskbar nothing invisible remains.
    To your question about Safedisc 2.8 being a 1:1 backup with Clone CD, I would have to say yes. Both my Lite-Ons are able to copy Safedisc 2.8 just fine in Clone CD. All ATIP hiding/blocking functions are disabled (Hide CDR Media/Ignore media type);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    and the backup will work in my regular DVD Rom.
    Whether Clone CD intended the Hide CDR Media to be like this remains to be seen. It makes them look better though doesnt it. lol

Maybe this's been elaborated elsewhere so forgive me if it has.

Like Blindwrite, CloneCD will write emu code onto the CD-R, the "Emulate" function. Unlike Blindwrite, a program is needed to run the CloneCD emu code. The Hide CD-R Media feature of CloneCD does more than that - it executes the emu written onto the CD-R.
    Hell Hath No Fury Like ASPI Abused

New User

Quote Originally Posted by slydog
    Maybe this's been elaborated elsewhere so forgive me if it has.

Like Blindwrite, CloneCD will write emu code onto the CD-R, the "Emulate" function. Unlike Blindwrite, a program is needed to run the CloneCD emu code. The Hide CD-R Media feature of CloneCD does more than that - it executes the emu written onto the CD-R.
    The only trouble is that people get dodgy backups even when EWS is disabled, whereby a backup requires Hide CDR Media even when playing from a non ATIP reading drive. I don't have this problem. Call me lucky or whatever. Some sort of bug where Clone CD writes this "Emu" data to the CD even if it is disabled....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12