Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm using DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.35.0307 and Daemon Tools Extensions 3.1.19.0 together. Here, everything what i did, one and one:

First, I added an Virtual IDE Driver:

I mounted perfect quality DPM included FIFA 10 image:

I launched DAEMON Tools Extensions and pressed "Load Driver":

Finally, I pushed "Play" on FIFA 10's autorun. And usual reason:

What's wrong again? What do you suggest me? Thanks...

Comment

• You have to add a virtual USB drive first in DTE (try different USB hubs).
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

• @tvf_tez_e

After you've successfully created an vUSB device mount you're image to the vIDE as usual.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

• Thank you for that vid, that was so helpful. I did same things but nothing changed. Please control things that i've done from this pic...

Comment

• If you think about it, you may get what is wrong there. vUSB drive is successfully created.
            Hint: Drive Letter
            Peace Through Power

Comment

• not working with secu 7.41 (drakensang am fluss der zeit)

Comment

• You actually used a vUSB drive and the vUSB drive letter is lower than vIDE's drive?
                If yes, you may send me a mini image and necessary files to start disc check.

You also may tell us the exact SR version.

EDIT: Scanning -> Z:\Data\! base\drakensang.exe
                File Type : 32-Bit Exe (Subsystem : Win GUI / 2), Size : 24787456 (017A3A00h) Byte(s)
                [File Heuristics] -> Flag : 00000000000000000001000000000001 (0x00001001)
                [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 07.41.0004
                [!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> Invalid serial
                [CompilerDetect] -> Visual C/C++
                - Scan Took : 3.0 Second(s)

EDIT2: Working fine with vUSB drive.
                They added a better anti mini image support.
                Error 4003 - means mini image detected.
                When DPM is bad you get error 1000.
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 18.02.2010, 17:50.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

• Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  They added a better anti mini image support.
                  Yeah, innovation as usual by Sony
                  Still 10 ISO checks in total, but instead of checking one sector per day it's just a different interval now - for more info just send a PM. IIRC it was first used in Puzzle Quest: Galactrix.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

• Thanks to Blazkowicz

Just a note to Blazkowicz to say that DTE worked first time once I had understood the USB drive from the excellent video.

I am using :-

Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
                    DTE v3.1.19.0
                    DT Pro 4.35.0308.0131
                    SecuROM Version 07.41.0004

For those who may be using it for first time, may I suggest the following sequence :-

1. For reliability firstly remove any virtual drives you may have on your system.

2. Mount a virtual IDE drive using Daemon Tools pro Agent after making sure that there are no ticks in Tools/Preferences/Advanced. Change the drive letter to one more than the last e.g. C,D,E > C,D,F

3. Make sure that DTE is in your DT pro folder and run it (I run as administrator)

4. Right click on the Vdrive and enable SafeDisk and SecuROM

5. Click Load Driver (USB driver)

6. Choose a port under Standard ENHANCED PCI > USB and Right click

7. Choose the same drive as the Vide drive you set up with DT Pro. The drive letter should appear as E in the example above.

8. mount your .mds image using DT Pro on drive F

Lastly, many thanks to Blazkowicz for an excellent add-on.

Comment

• Further to last post

Couldn't find an Edit facility.

Important :-

1. Before a reboot Unmount your image or, if it has a habit of remounting, disable your virtual drive.

2. after reboot or startup follow the exact procedure in my last post.

You can get in a mess with freeze ups etc if you start DTE with the image mounted - well at least I did. Image must only be mounted after USB drive is up.

Unfortunately the Command Line facility does not include loading the USB driver.

Comment

• Seriously, this is way too much of a hassle only to play a game. It has come to the point that it is actually a lot easier to just insert the original disc and play the game.

My days of buying retail games are over. Most games are also released on Steam nowadays, which is a lot easier than messing around with some anti-blacklisting tool and hoping it won't BSOD.

I know games on Steam are usually quite expensive, but this price also includes keeping my games up-to-date automatically

Comment

• Originally Posted by Reef View Post
                          Seriously, this is way too much of a hassle only to play a game. It has come to the point that it is actually a lot easier to just insert the original disc and play the game.
                          Couldn't agree more but it's only needed for a very short time before a gamefix comes out.

Comment

• Doing 4 clicks is not complicated.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

• I challenge DT Soft to put that DTE 'manual' on disc-soft.com, so people can see what they will need to do to be able to run their games with DT Pro. Since it's 'not complicated', it should be no problem

Comment

• Which version?

Are there any versions other then the one listed in the OP that work with both Win7 x64 and DTE?

I have recently purchased DT for use with DTE and found the latest version of DT does not seem to be recognised by DTE......and when I try to install the version listed in the OP it crashes during the file copy stage of setup with an event that specifies DT is not compatible "with this version of Windows".

TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X