DAEMON Tools is turning into...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools is turning into...

Hello guys, I'm a long time fan of DAEMON tools. I registered for this simple purpose, to tell you all, and especially to developers that DAEMON Tools is turning into ware.

You know what ware means, those annoying njobs of software.

I'm afraid to say this, but DAEMON Tools used to be a lot better than today.

I know why the author or authors chose this route, money. Truth is, DAEMON Tools has very little money in it, even if you do a pro version with burning support, etc. Thus why try to squeeze every little dime out of it? There is no need for a lot of options checked by default during setup. Why would anyone need a search provider for crying out loud or a home page?

This is a cry for help. Because DAEMON Tools used to be a lot better than today. Today it is more of a ware application, similar to that Messenger Plus.

My advice to authors, come up with a new money making idea, instead of killing this beautiful application. End result of such an irresponsible behavior would be someone creative an alternative to DAEMON Tools, end of story.

Thank you very much for reading. Have a marvelous day.

Totally agree

I've stopped using Nero, WinAmp, Symantec tec. because they all turned into annoying bloatware and now this great porgram goes down the same road

It seems to itch in the fingers to "develop" the product but why changing a winning concept?

I want my programs I use to be small footprint ,stable and minimalistic in design.

Comment

Well, because maybe it is better to have a tool filled with advertisement as to have no more updates of this tool ;-D

Comment

What's the point of having Daemon Tools as search page when Google is better?

Comment

What about a single click while installing dt to avoid swapping the bookmarking?

Cґmon, you wonґt install dt each day a hundred times, donґt you?

Typing your queries here took much more time than deactivating the add-stuff for a huge amount of dt installations ;-D

Comment

what about going open source free-ware with no ads etc... kinda like linux!

you can add tones more coders for no fee you just have to review there work to make sure there not pulling a scam on you

and sell merchandise will support web page and founders can get a cut percent

btw please contact me head ppl of daemon tools i have some business ideas

Comment

Yes, it is quite easy to deselect the stuff. So DT gets ad revenue, we get new products, we don't need to get the ads unless we either want to or we're useless. Everyone's happy. What's Google funded by anyhow?

Comment

Something may be right.
                But Now DT Lite is still acceptable.
                At least,DT Lite can make compressed image now.
                We lost the small footprint and get some new feature.
                We got something when we lost something.

PS:If you really can not bear it,try 4.09.1HE.

Comment

Originally Posted by glamdring View Post
                  what about going open source free-ware with no ads etc... kinda like linux!

you can add tones more coders for no fee you just have to review there work to make sure there not pulling a scam on you

and sell merchandise will support web page and founders can get a cut percent

btw please contact me head ppl of daemon tools i have some business ideas
                  open source, free-ware... yeh thats a totally stunning business idea, i wonder why nobody else did that, oh yeh, cos they wouldn't have a business then....
                  my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

the point isn't to make the regular your business just charge for above lite or have a ad option to allow the others free meaning its free ware with ads

or just go free ware and make a good product there are a bunch of open source free ware software similar to this that will soon take over if you guys don't come up with something

i mean look at 7zip best zip thing out there and there free ware open source

Why would some one pay for daemon tools if another free one is free? i personally never have paid for a daemons tool on use free because i know i can always get a free ware of the same thing

Comment

or just go free ware and make a good product there are a bunch of open source free ware software similar to this that will soon take over if you guys don't come up with something

Why would some one pay for daemon tools if another free one is free? i personally never have paid for a daemons tool on use free because i know i can always get a free ware of the same thing
                      Hmmm..... Well, tell us the name of these tools?
                      Do they have the same or even equal features?
                      I doubt it...

Comment

If you mean Alcohol 52%,itґs only an alternative for Daemon-Tools Lite,which is also free.
                        But I dare you to show us a freeware/open source program with at least the same functionality as DT Pro Advanced....

Comment

@glamdring :
                          So why are you still using windows ? linux is free and more powerful (except for games)...

Developers need money to live, to eat, like you. If DT was a freeware, how can they live ?
                          If you tell me to look at firefox, linux vlc, Open office etc.), look at the number of volunteers, you need a bigger number of dev just to be able to compete shareware programs.

About alcohol 52% FE (the other one is not a freeware), it's just a DT lite which allow you to create MDS/mdf files.

Comment

at best, closest freeware thats similar that i can think of is virtualclonedrive, or the microsoft virtual cd/dvd drive thing... both of which can NOT emulate protections...
                            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

sorry i'm not on much because i moved and no internet yet :[

virtualclonedrive is amazing for mounting images!

but one of the biggest problems with DT is the amount of resources it sucks its annoying when you are using a image file and have to run the entire DT crap when alls you want to run is the dumb image file

and the reason why i only use lite is because the pro dosen't have much to offer to make me want to pay for it

personally i would never buy a program as under developed as DT for over $5

Comment

Working...
                              X