Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by pseudo555 View Post
    @glamdring :
    So why are you still using windows ? linux is free and more powerful (except for games)...

Developers need money to live, to eat, like you. If DT was a freeware, how can they live ?
    If you tell me to look at firefox, linux vlc, Open office etc.), look at the number of volunteers, you need a bigger number of dev just to be able to compete shareware programs.

About alcohol 52% FE (the other one is not a freeware), it's just a DT lite which allow you to create MDS/mdf files.
    i do use Linux i use both..... what makes you think i only use windows O.o

Comment

It's absolutely normal pay for software, and reward devs (and other who contribute to any product).
      The standard rule in the "western" society today is: the seller defines a price that he thinks suitable for his purpose (taking legal constrains into account, though), and then potential customers accept to pay (becoming actual customers) or they don't buy.
      But now I find it fair for a potential customer to try to "negociate"...

What I agrees on with the topic starter is about the activation frequency. I know it's not easy to find a good compromise. One can have to stay without Internet for more than 1 month (e.g. after a change of address with a bad ISP). I've seen it happen with close people.
      My very personal opinion is that 2 months would be a better compromise, but it's just an opinion, as I've no global statistics about the frequency and duration of Internet "outages". Even 1 month is rare, I guess, but I think it's relatively much more frequent than 2 months, and not "rare enough" yet.

Comment

It's not that bad

DT needs money for funding... how else are they gonna afford to be able to update, or keep their site available? Forums don't come free, you know.

Comment

Working...
        X