Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownership - verification

Hi,
    You may liberally intersperse this with loads of vulgar words.
    I've left clues.

I bought this on Oct 10, 2008.
    Yesterdays date was March 12,2009.
    I still have to go onto the G.D. F'n web to get permission to
    continue to use this G.D. thing. When is it going to F'n end?

Your/their G. D. business practice is what makes TPB
    so G. D. popular!

J. F'n C.
    Last edited by GUYISO71; 14.03.2009, 02:07.

I understand your feels at such unexpected test for your ownership.. because I have the same feelings without to use any bad wording!

In most case when you make preparations to burn or Create Disc Image you always want to stay away from any
    access to Website to avoid Interference and stay Clean.

Have all Firewal, Antispyware, Antivirus software and other from backwards temporary dissabled and right when you want to start after hours you processing then Bump!

A DT Pro Pop-ing Up and stay it need to contact Server for the Legal Autority to use this DT Pro software at random time..

So, no mater at what state you are.. you going to Re-Boot your System in Order to bring Back all Security + the whole other running on Backgrounds programs.

All processing from now taking a longer time than expected!

Now Start again only for the purpose of confirm the Ownership Legality to use.. and when the confirmation done.. continue to clean-up all buffers and garbage windows + IE left and Reboot again!

Isn't sounds like offending the anest User and owner which paid for the software in order to Support the Owner & Creators Team?

Is these such bad behavior build in the Software will stay forever?

I believe this are the questions of your Future Prospective Business!

Once the new prospective (shopper) member start to think to take advantage to buy this product, the future such Test events to appears.. may dissmay his own projects to buy your product at all.

This doesn't make or build a good bussiness practice!

If you often same as I at current use Google Search.. a dozens of times I came across and see your Product the very DT Pro Hacked on other Website for free!

So it seems to me the current use Style security to prevent such illegal copys doesn't work and the Suffering Persons are the Owner & Prospective Buyer and User!

Is there any other Possible ways to avoid such stupid Test?

I doesn't mean to stay with website for ever.. but this won't stop me from shopping in my Loco Store for any electronics, music, video games and more which I will next to use the DT Pro I Paid for.. otherwise the Product will expire and became useless!!

If such sytuation will to ocour it will make Open Doors for any Legal International Court Processing as damage in ownership expenses.

Are anybody here ever ben think how to avoid such sytuation?

Hope that the Owner + Creator and Testers Team have own Patch only for them self to use but not for the customers.

Thanks for such Ownership Testing I ruin already a bunch of DVD DL9 priceless disc..

This is my Daemon Tools Sugestions to make the TD even works better don't you?
    Best regards..

Comment

You only must confirm the ownership once a month. Nobody prevents you from connecting to Internet once every 20 days or something, when you are not occupied with any important tasks, and after a single confirmation have quiet life for next month.

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
        You only must confirm the ownership once a month. Nobody prevents you from connecting to Internet once every 20 days or something, when you are not occupied with any important tasks, and after a single confirmation have quiet life for next month.
        I'm sorry it's not true.. but it was just two days ago having 5 times puls to open access on Web to having Test and the Server Time-Out Error no responds and start over again..

It was NOT ONE a MONTH TEST!

Finaly I login and here after 3 times again Test get aprove to use my DT Pro.. so I makes respond.

Once next I turn back Home to start preparation to Burn just new Image create..I got again the same call to make website connection to Check my Legality of DT Pro!

In mean time makin this Respond I saw a heavy activity from Your Server inside my Computer!

This is Kitty & Mouse playing game to makes anybody confuse & mad with such bad build-in Program bad Behavior!

It doesn't makes any good to the user/owner constant hassle!

Why you Guys don't try to build-in Security inside the Program instant of using such crazy ways to let the access to talk with your Server??

This DT PRO are already is Busted by Hackers.. don't you see that? Use Google it will gave you even direct access!

In such bad sytuation and treading own customers.. seems the best ways to solve this Random "one a Month" Test is turn for Help to Hackers to quit such stupid Testing don't you?

On the other hand I soon will say bye to website and kick over all expensive Security installed make the Machine Free and Save byself!

I have full satelite access into any news or shoppings so why I have to digging with the Trojans filled Websites and spend extras for the whole security anybody use and need!

Now ODER how you will explain the Longovity of DT Pro I paid for and will continue to use in the next new future setups?

I have to call you or others involved with this Production for Fix over my Phone without the Website connection and you thing you will gave me such aprove and fix to continue with use my DT Pro.. (hope so)

I want to hear from you as responder to the Random "One a Month" Ownership Testing as you makes statements!
        Best regards..

Comment

frankly spoken - your text is hard to follow, but from what I under-
          stand, you are upset because of DT Pro's checks, correct?

Now - the facts are: it is designed to request ONCE a month.

If this isnt the case with your license, then clearly something's
          wrong. You can see from the very low feedback here that it
          works for almost everyone as expected. So the question isnt
          why we designed it so, but: why doesnt it work as expected
          on your machine? I will discuss this internally, maybe we contact
          you to shed some light on this matter. For sure we dont want
          you to authenticate every day.

Comment

Well, it can be run without internet for 30 days, it just tries to get online.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

To res1:
              In Russuan section there was a registration issue because of incorrect system date setting. Is your clock set to the correct date/time?

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                Well, it can be run without internet for 30 days, it just tries to get online.
                yeah, and that's probably the issue for him and others...
                who cares WHY it tries to access the net, when it tries to every time you launch it. once it does the "monthly" check it should not attempt to access the internet until that time runs out!!!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ß View Post
                  yeah, and that's probably the issue for him and others...
                  who cares WHY it tries to access the net, when it tries to every time you launch it. once it does the "monthly" check it should not attempt to access the internet until that time runs out!!!!!
                  I have an old simple dial-up at home with connection speed of ~40kbps. I'm not connected to Internet all the time. And I do not feel any embarrassment in the fact that it writes "valiadting the license" on startup logo, finds that the Internet is not connected and quietly opens the program.

Comment

I am replying to this old thread before I try to fire up this topic with support. I am a paid licensed user, as are we all I imagine.

I am fortunate to share ownership of a cabin in northern california with my siblings. I spend about TWO MONTHS a year at the cabin. We do NOT have internet of any kind there - there is no cable TV, nothing. Last year I went in late september... not realizing how my fricking Daemon Tools s/w was phoning home every month.

I have dozens of my own private DVDs in image form to watch while I am up there in the mountains. ONE WEEK after I arrived, my Daemon Tools refused to mount any images. IF I WERE NOT A PAID USER, WITH PRO PRODUCT TO BOOT, BUT INSTEAD WERE JUST USING THE FREE VERSION --- I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO CONTINUE TO MOUNT THESE IMAGES AND ENJOY MY MOVIES AND SUCH!!!

Instead, because I am a paid user, I am punished with ZERO functionality because I choose to spend two months away from internet each year. THIS SUCKS PEOPLE.

AT LEAST LEAVE MOUNT CAPABILITY FUNCTIONING!!!!!!! YOU MADE ME REGRET MY PURCHASE, AS --- AGAIN, I WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF I HAD NOT PURCHASED BUT INSTEAD HAD JUST FREELOADED OFF OF YOU!

BAD MOVE. Please set aside my attitude long enough to realize that it really does make sense to at least leave partial functionality... or just nag for one extra month instead of TOTALLY DISABLING Daemon Tools.

It USED to be my favorite software... I would talk friends and colleagues in to using it - sometimes paid, sometimes basic free for home version... I was out there selling as a very satisfied customer. My reward??? My vacation was really screwed up for several weeks --- as I watch about one movie a night when at the cabin, and it is a BIG part of the way I unwind from my stressful frigging job all year. By the way, I am a s/w dev. This over-the-top anti-piracy method you use goes too far too soon. Inability to connect should not disable the software. Provide an 800 number and a special user-code, whatever - if you are so worried about losing a few dollars. Frankly, I may go back to free version before my next vacation. I like the product, but...

Comment

1. Since DAEMON Tools Pro 4.36.0309 period of offline usage is increased up to 60 days.

2. We will discuss partial disabling of DAEMON Tools functionality for unvalidated program.

3. And finally, you had to read DAEMON Tools Pro End User Lisence Agreement before purchasing and installing DAEMON Tools Pro.

The SOFTWARE PRODUCT will validate the license from time to time (active Internet connection is required during validation). In 15 days after the first unsuccessful validation attempt the SOFTWARE PRODUCT will notify about the required SOFTWARE PRODUCT validation. If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is not validated during 60 days after the first unsuccessful validation attempt (or if there is no Internet connection for this period of time on "licensed instance"), the software will be found to be not properly licensed; the SOFTWARE PRODUCT functionality will be blocked.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                        1. Since DAEMON Tools Pro 4.36.0309 period of offline usage is increased up to 60 days.

2. We will discuss partial disabling of DAEMON Tools functionality for unvalidated program.

3. And finally, you had to read DAEMON Tools Pro End User Lisence Agreement before purchasing and installing DAEMON Tools Pro.
                        60 days is good. That's good to hear. Last October (Late Sept thru early Nov.), the version I had, of Pro, did not wait 60 days. It must not have been 4.36.0309. I made the purchase well before that.

There was no notification at all. If there was, then it was not obvious or sticky/persistent. To be fair, I was unfortunately running Vista at that time, so any number of things could have prevented me from getting the notification, if there was one with the prior version. I had been connected continuously until I left for Lassen, around Sept. 21. By Oct 2nd or 3rd it stopped functioning. So, it must have been my misfortune that the clock had been running down without my knowing. I had just over 10 days of being disconnected from Internet -- no more than 2 weeks, and it stopped working.

It is good to hear that you might consider at least leaving mount capability intact - after all, I had been using it for a long time in the unpaid version, and thus disabling the premium functionality only, well -- makes more sense.

Do you honestly read every single EULA for every s/w you purchase? Does anyone? Hey -- I still love DT. The change you mentioned with this version is a good step towards fixing it. Is there a way to force the phone home? i.e., make sure that I can at least reset the 60 day clock on the day I leave for Lassen or whatever?

Thanks for answering and listening to the rant. I am running windows 7 now, a serious improvement over Vista, although very lame that I had to upgrade (for no small amount) just to have a reasonably stable system!

Cheers,
                        Stephen

Comment

Originally Posted by aprilia1k View Post
                          Is there a way to force the phone home? i.e., make sure that I can at least reset the 60 day clock on the day I leave for Lassen or whatever?
                          Just let DT Pro check for update (Help menu -> Check for update).
                          Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                          Peace Through Power

Comment

Working...
                          X