Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multimedia dvd and securom.

Hi all,
    you are my last hope as I have read and tried everything I can think of.

I back up images (isos) of most important discs that I have.. Not a gamer so don't usually come up against tough protection, My fiance has a multimedia dvd that she uses at Uni, that is protected with SecuRom which has been destroyed. There are nt gonna be any no cd patches out there

So here is what I have done so far:
    1. I installed a multitude of crap from various websites. loaders, stoppers, cloakers. Nadda. got every error in the book. Emulation detcted, so I cloaked the virtual drive, insert orignal not back up.
    I ran protectionID. SeuRom 7.38.0006
    I uninstalled whatever alchol 52 and installed DT lite and it WORKED...once.

Now I get this error every time "a securty module can not be activated.this program cannot be executed".

I have used the exact same image on another pc and and just get the error "please insert orginal disc instead of the back up".

I have now unistalled lite and installed pro and am about to give up. please help!!!!!!!!!!!! thankyou
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 17.03.2009, 23:24.

Code:
    please insert orginal disc instead of the back up
    That error means your image is bad and you have to recreate it with New SecuROM profile.

Code:
    a securty module can not be activated.this program cannot be executed
    Use DTE (DAEMON Tools Extension) to cloak vIDE drives.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

can i recreate the image...fom the image?

sorry DTE, can you provide further info/link. Thanks mate
      Last edited by Blazkowicz; 18.03.2009, 07:37.

Comment

Not possible to recreate from an image.

DAEMON Tools Extensions (DTE) - Page 5 - THE DAEMONS HOME
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

well...now we hav reverted back to insert original disc errors...so its a bad image. screwed then?

for future reference can someone provide me with a step by step link on good ripping practice so this doesn't happen again.
          thanks for all the help guys.im officially a dt user for life.

Comment

@SeanyP321
            I've checked your file and it's definitely not blacklisting YASU version 1.5.8111.

I guess the remains of a loader/stopper/cloaker is causing the "securty module" message.

Nevertheless your image is still all but perfect (not to say bad).
            Is the DVD broken or "just" scratched ?
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

sorry terramex.your wording confused me.did you mean my image was bad?

dvd is scratched quite badly

Comment

Originally Posted by SeanyP321 View Post
                Like Blazkowicz said, "please insert orginal disc" means mediocre/bad image ...but it worked once for you. That's why i wrote the (second) email to you
                How far can it still be read until the first read error occurs ?
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

just got your email - will work on it and get it sent to you now.

Comment

doesnt read, just makes a violent spinning noise.

Comment

try to make a copy from the original disc (without DPM), ignore read errors and ask someone for a mds file!
                      after dumping delete your mds, and use the new from your friend or ...
                      in some cases work this....

Comment

Working...
                      X