Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Some facts about SecuROM v4.8x

Default ...

Should patching an image file with the twinpeak method and then burning it be considered as making a 1:1 copy?

Chiefnuts, do they still make the Plextor Premium or do you have to buy them used?

Neither twinpeaks nor Plextor Premium method are 1:1 copy.
    Plextor Premium drives should still be available? They're still really expensive though.

EDIT: Seems they're sold out now ... :cry:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Weren't they last made in 2002 or 2003?

No, Plextor build them for sure in 2004 (TLA #0005), I'm not exactly sure about 2005, but I think I saw one ...

EDIT: Yes, TLA #0006, April 2005 (there's one on eBay.de atm with a nice pic)

Default It can be done

Yes, Plextor still manufactures the Premium, it's just not at newegg. The Newest one I have has a manfucture date of July 2005.

And, yes, the Plextor Premium can use it's giga-rec feature with blindwrite & blindwrite tweaker to write the track density pattern. You don't use twinpeaks for this method.

Default ...

Interesting

Try this thread if you want to copy it.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=100849

Now they use an older version of Blindwrite, you can use the newest one just fine.
    Let me explain the explain the Premium option. Now depending on who you ask, either the vari-rec or the giga-rec option is responsible for the topology copying. Vari-rec: changes the strength of the laser (and making the tracks either wider or smaller) for use in older cd players. Giga-rec: bypasses some of the cd booktype specification to compact data more closely on the drive. VSO software made blindwrite so that it could adjust either/or setting on vari or giga so that it would 1. compact data closer, and upping access time, or 2. increasing the width of the track so it would be easier to read.

So far, I've been able to burn a copy or Sid Meiers Pirates!, Warcraft III Frozen Throne, and CIV III PTW and play them in a computer with a Samsung 352b (and no emulation software installed.) on the copy with pirates, the access disc does replace the mouse pointer for a moment, but quickly brings up the screen to play.

We know the Plextor Premium feature mine is TLA #0000 :mrgreen: anyway it works, but it's not 1:1 copy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123