• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some facts about SecuROM v4.8x

:shock:

Good....., your article so helpfully.

Comment

hi guys, i'm totally new at this, especially when it comes to this new cd protection tool called SecureRom...Now i have a backup copy of War of the Ring that my cousin gave to me..I don't know if how he backed it up, so I just use DT to emulate and mount the image. I don't know if i'm doing it right or not. Does the original image need to go through DMP or whatever it is that copies everything for mounting to work or what? I don't even know if I'm asking the right question..basically, how do i get War of the Ring to play with DT, without knowing how it was backed up...Wat options do i need to select to make it playable?

Comment

mamma e homo... tror eg mn samma dt!!!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Re: Some facts about SecuROM v4.8x

Hi Sergei. I'm from mongolia. I want to ask how to i calculate delays between two sectors are checked?

Originally Posted by Sergei.Gradski
          Hi...

SecuROM v4.8x goes another way, and this way looks very promising right now. The spiral data track on the disc has a varying structure which causes the drive to take more or less time to read a sector. These delays between the delivery of two sectors are checked, and if the delays do not fit the right pattern, the CD is recognized as invalid.

Unfortunately it is impossible to copy this structure because the spiral data track is already pressed into a CDR when you buy it. Inside this track there is a substance that changes when it is hit by the writing laser, so the bits and bytes can be burnt into the track. But it is impossible to manipulate one sector so it takes longer to read it so a CDR will always be recognized as invalid.

Sergei

Comment

Your report is partially correct, with the correct tools, you can make a 1:1 copy of a securom disc.

Something that has really impressed me with my plextor premium is the fact that I can make a 1:1 copy of securom that will be readable and pass the security checks in about 80-90% of the drives that i've tested.

So far it works on all of my securom CD's, because the premium is a CD only device. but the premium will read 100% of my disc and pass the security checks. it uses the giga-rec feature of the drive that will basically throw out the book specs and stuff the data closer, creating closer tracks, ect.
            It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Should patching an image file with the twinpeak method and then burning it be considered as making a 1:1 copy?

Chiefnuts, do they still make the Plextor Premium or do you have to buy them used?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Neither twinpeaks nor Plextor Premium method are 1:1 copy.
                Plextor Premium drives should still be available? They're still really expensive though.

EDIT: Seems they're sold out now ... :cry:
                Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Weren't they last made in 2002 or 2003?
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

No, Plextor build them for sure in 2004 (TLA #0005), I'm not exactly sure about 2005, but I think I saw one ...

EDIT: Yes, TLA #0006, April 2005 (there's one on eBay.de atm with a nice pic)

Comment

It can be done

Yes, Plextor still manufactures the Premium, it's just not at newegg. The Newest one I have has a manfucture date of July 2005.

And, yes, the Plextor Premium can use it's giga-rec feature with blindwrite & blindwrite tweaker to write the track density pattern. You don't use twinpeaks for this method.
                      It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. -Ferris Bueller

Comment

Interesting
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Try this thread if you want to copy it.

Now they use an older version of Blindwrite, you can use the newest one just fine.
                          Let me explain the explain the Premium option. Now depending on who you ask, either the vari-rec or the giga-rec option is responsible for the topology copying. Vari-rec: changes the strength of the laser (and making the tracks either wider or smaller) for use in older cd players. Giga-rec: bypasses some of the cd booktype specification to compact data more closely on the drive. VSO software made blindwrite so that it could adjust either/or setting on vari or giga so that it would 1. compact data closer, and upping access time, or 2. increasing the width of the track so it would be easier to read.

So far, I've been able to burn a copy or Sid Meiers Pirates!, Warcraft III Frozen Throne, and CIV III PTW and play them in a computer with a Samsung 352b (and no emulation software installed.) on the copy with pirates, the access disc does replace the mouse pointer for a moment, but quickly brings up the screen to play.

Comment

We know the Plextor Premium feature mine is TLA #0000 :mrgreen: anyway it works, but it's not 1:1 copy.

Comment

Working...
                            X