No announcement yet.

Sacred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, but youґll have to wait till tonight as my boss doesnґt like me playing @work

Iґll try and remember to send the files (at least the ones Iґve kept). If I feel like it, Iґll recreate all MDS combinations possible with my 5 (!) PCs (might take some time).

BTW, thanks to everyone at DAEMONLAND for the great work. Although I joined your board only a few days ago, Iґve used DT for ages now. Iґve always been with you and Iґve always admired your fine arts of coding.
    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

Please send them RARed
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

be sure, i will. itґs only that i want to give you the best possible results on my machines. so please let me do some configuring, swapping and tuning before. guess iґll send them tuesday night. thanks in advance.
        Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

I don't understand;]

I have installed Sacred from Alcohol image into win98se. With Deamon RMPS emuliation turned on I can run game, but it crashes.. patch 1.5 didn't fix it.

Then I installed Sacred on WinXP, with Deamon RMPS emuliation runing, but it didn't work..:[[, disk verification failed:[ I don't understand why..

And now the game is running without crashes on WinXP but only if I write ver 1.2 crack..

Comment

If I were u, I would not use rmps emulation....
            simply use the usual daemon settings (red icon)
            write an image with alc using vob protectcd5 settings!

image works with dt 3.46 ( alc uninstalled incl. registry settings)!

Comment

I just giveup..;]

I hate cracks.. warez and so on.. I live with my girlfriend and we like gaming rpg games through network, it's silly that if I want to be legal I must buy two games..

Comment

I used to use Sacred as an Alocohol image file, mounted in DT 3.46 with only RMPS Emulation active (1 virtual drive).
                I believe the protection is VOB + some custom thing.
                Anyway, it all worked fine and dandy, original version, and also 1.5 update patch worked fine. Today however, version 1.6 update patch was released. After installing that, the "cd check" fails using all the normal settings I used to use. After the check fails, I look in the DT menu (from the system tray) and see that, even though the icon is still green, there is no check mark by RMPS. Have they implemented a new version of VOB do you think, that now blacklists Daemon Tools? Oh BTW, Alcohol is NOT installed on the PC I'm running the game on. I also tried having all emulations on and get the same results.

Comment

I also just updated from 1.5 to 1.6, and even with all emulation options ON i can't get to run the game. Bummer! :cry: Just while I was leveling my dark elf! I applyed the patch because the game is too damn buggy, i was trying to make it work better.. but now it doesn't work at all..... :?

Comment

we are aware of the problem and working on it. Please be patient

Comment

Wow, thanks. you guys are very quick to answer
                      Nowadays the softhouses are putting so much effort in copy protection that even the original ones don't work sometimes. gee :roll:

Comment

Please see this thread:

I do NOT endorse piracy in any way.
                        But I believe you should be able to make a personal backup.

Comment

I can say using daemon tools with daemon scripting tool works with sacred 1.6.

I have the disk backed up to a cdrw with vob protection. Saldy it works maybe 1 out of 20 times. Gonna try with a cdr tomorrow (no cdrs left).

Comment

Re: I just giveup..;]

Originally Posted by DeadlyBlade
                            I hate cracks.. warez and so on.. I live with my girlfriend and we like gaming rpg games through network, it's silly that if I want to be legal I must buy two games..
                            Most companies say you can do this with only one copy by starting the game up on one then bringing CD to other. Sacred's maker said it on forum that it is an option so.... I see statements on forums by makers saying this kind of thing often even though it isn't specifically asked. I'm not sure if that makes it legal or not but... I hate how they are going about "protecting" there software from warez. I have yet to see a game released with this kind of crappy yet "Elite" protection and not be warezed in a day or two or sometimes even before it is on shelves in most placed. How much did hurting their clientel save them??? CD keys are annoying to enter but much better than the cd protection programs, and a warez person can't get the key till they get the game and by then most people who would buy the game have... Oh well... Maybe one day they'll find a good middle ground, as long as they don't pull a microsoft activation kinda thing.

Comment

The CD swapping thing you mentioned does work, I've done it at my friend's house (with the original copies unfortunately). Install on both, start the game (WAIT TILL IT LOADS), take out CD 1 put it in the other comp and start the game and you can both play.

Comment

Working...
                              X