Create ISO of blank disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create ISO of blank disc?

Is it possible to create in some way an ISO of a blank CD or DVD? And if it is possible, could this then be mounted and used as an ordinary blank piece of media? Sorry if I'm totally wrong and am just wasting your time.
    Thanks.

Not possible.
    You would have to use Virtual CD and then use Virtual Recorder feature.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I don't see the point of mounting an empty image, since there's nothing you can do with it. If you want to put some data into an image, you can use the DT Pro Image Editor.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for being totally stupid and wasting your time.

Comment

Actually... I can see a use for it : my dvd burner on my laptop is toast..too expensive to replace and i don't want to carry an ext drive around...
          So I love Daemon Tools obviously...
          Right now I want to create a Windows recovery disk. Unless I can mount a "blank iso" , Win7 do not recognize my DT drive as a valid burner and won't give me another option..

Any suggestions ?

Comment

@bencfi
            Please also have a look at this thread.
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread but it has become pretty relevant to me.

With the plethora and the increasing number of 'tablet' growing on the market, the ability to create a 'disk image' is near becoming a mandatory option.

For example, right now manufacturers still insist on using a 'restore cd' feature. For us Netbook users, this poses a pretty serious and immediate issue as should the system crash, we are totally screwed without an external Optical burner.

The ability to at least create an ISO image and save that to the local drive gives us a greater comfort and no immediate need to purchase an external burner (which almost defeats the purpose of a Netbook....almost).

Daemon Tools (Bless you guys!!!!) is an awesome stop-gap measure. The only problem is that unless you have an external way of creating ISO images, Daemon Tools is rather useless. And by creating, perhaps I should have said 'obtaining' (downloading, burning, etc).

So, I hope the ability to create 'blank images' will be available soon as it seems that may be the next 'zip file' standard. Especially given the 50GB capability of a Blu-Ray drive.

Comment

You can use Image Editor to create an image out of normal files.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  You can use Image Editor to create an image out of normal files.
                  "Image Editor"?? Can you give me more details about this program? The term is too generic for a Google search without hitting picture-related programs in all the results.

Comment

It is part of DAEMON Tools Pro.
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

Image editor | DAEMON Pro Help

Comment

Working...
                      X