No announcement yet.

Arma 2 Emulator detected+Yasu 1.6.9040+Deamon Tools Lite 4.30.4.0027

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So this is always like this? Playing cat and mouse all the time between YASU and SR?

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      @brfrodo
      Also if SR wouldn't detect yasu, it wouldn't work for you. ISO doesn't contain copy protection related data, you need a MDS/MDF image with DPM info.
      Oh, I see. And how is that? That mini-image thing is only with Alcohol 120%? What's that DPM info? Thanks!

Comment

Anyway yesterday I tried everything for playing with cloned image (I tried 3 times to do image again, DPM is perfect) but none of my methods worked, DTE fails, yasu fails, any reg trick fails, while other securom games (prototype, damnation, terminator salvation, x-men wolverine) (most of them 7.39.xxx) perfectly work.

My system specs are :

Asus Maximus Formula
        Q6600 G0@3.6 GHz (I tried also without overclocking)
        4 GB RAM DDR2 PC6400
        2 HD (Western Digital) in RAID0 Mode
        Intel X38 + ICH9R chipset
        3 Optical devices (2 SATA + 1 IDE)

Now I'm going to format again installing the minimum drivers and software needed and see if it will work or not.
        If anyone has any other idea it will be very appreciated to know it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sblade View Post
          So this is always like this? Playing cat and mouse all the time between YASU and SR?
          This would be really bad, expecially because SecuROM seems a bit forward.

Comment

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
            Anyway yesterday I tried everything for playing with cloned image (I tried 3 times to do image again, DPM is perfect) but none of my methods worked, DTE fails, yasu fails, any reg trick fails, while other securom games (prototype, damnation, terminator salvation, x-men wolverine) (most of them 7.39.xxx) perfectly work.

My system specs are :

Asus Maximus Formula
            Q6600 G0@3.6 GHz (I tried also without overclocking)
            4 GB RAM DDR2 PC6400
            2 HD (Western Digital) in RAID0 Mode
            Intel X38 + ICH9R chipset
            3 Optical devices (2 SATA + 1 IDE)

Now I'm going to format again installing the minimum drivers and software needed and see if it will work or not.
            If anyone has any other idea it will be very appreciated to know it.
            I am in a similar boat with the M-Formula. I have tried Vista64, Win7x64, DT Lite, DT Pro, DTE, YASU, etc. Guess I'll have to wait for a development to get this one going.

Comment

I finally fixed it. You have to burn mds/mdf image using Alcohol and RMPS option enabled before burning.
              Then the game will start even with 1.02 patch.

Comment

I finally fixed it. You have to burn mds/mdf image using Alcohol and RMPS option enabled before burning.
                That completely defeats the purpose of using a virtual drive.

Comment

@reef

Dear reef, I know your feelings, but if you wanna play this is, for the time being, the only method I found.

Instead of throwing mud you could be, at least, happy that someone tries to offer some tips for those who wanna play this game (and also overlord II).
                  Are you think it's not enough ?

Comment

Is it possible to burn it on a DVD5? Can't find any DL disks :/ (= how can I remove stuff from the image and still have it work)

Comment

Dear Niko,
                      I can't see Reef "throwing mud".
                      He just points out that a physical copy isn't the actual topic in this thread - without criticizing.

RMPS hasn't been blacklisted for many years now by SecuROM - so no real surprise it works that way

Those who wanna play can play - simple as that.
                      Last edited by Terramex; 26.06.2009, 17:56.
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Ok. I'm sorry for the words I used before and I ask reef to forgive me.

The point is that, at the actual state, it's impossible to circumvent securom 7.40 blacklist. Some users are luckly, due to some "special" hardware config, according to which even new securom game works, but for most of users (like me) there's no chance to play via virtual device.
                        So the only way, at least for me, is to play from a RMPS recorded media.

I perfectly know that's not the topic purpose, but at least I hoped my method would be useful for many users, that's it.

Of course, I hope dev team will focus what is (or are) the relative step(s) needed to allow dt pro (maybe next version or a new dte or yasu version) working with new 7.40 securom version.

Again, sorry for my previous words. Have a nice day all of you.

Comment

Is this the same problem overlord 2 is having?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

For Windows 7 64bit I've found that Ctrl/Alt/Del/ Task Manager/Applications/End Task doesnt work with Y.A.S.U 1.6 9040 and DT Lite 4.30.4.

But Task Manager/Processes/End Now does.

Thats what works for me anyway.So try selecting End Now in Processes not End Task in Applications.

Comment

Originally Posted by pakrat View Post
                                For Windows 7 64bit I've found that Ctrl/Alt/Del/ Task Manager/Applications/End Task doesnt work with Y.A.S.U 1.6 9040 and DT Lite 4.30.4.

But Task Manager/Processes/End Now does.

Thats what works for me anyway.So try selecting End Now in Processes not End Task in Applications.
                                Unfortunately this didn't work either.

Comment

Working...
                                X