No announcement yet.

DaemonScript Clone Anyone Interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last version i put up on 2shared was v4.2 from then on you must click update to get the latest version.

the reason being i wanted to keep track of how many downloads scripternite has after i added the update feature.

so again here is the link for v4.2

2shared - download ScripterNitev4.2.7z

im near finished v4.8 which will support relative paths, and no more interop.shell32.dll its now fully embedded and thats where its stays thanks to vs2010. so scripternite should be fully portable, even on a burnt cd/dvd. also added runas administrator in runapp, so advanced users should be able do all sorts of administrative tasks from one script.

ie. write to folders/registrykeys where the current user doesnt have permissions.

ill give a list of changes when im done.

tony

p.s wheres some feedback currently 65 downloads and 1 person(acid) gives feedback. i have no idea wheather all scripternite features even works on vista.

sorry but until i put a download counter u will have 2 download v4.2 from the above link

Comment

Can't speak for the others Tony but I'm always willing to give feedback. The features you have planned in 4.8 sound awesome!

I'm on XP with a full admin account so the run as admin won't help as much, that is till I upgrade to Windows 7. But I like how your making the app fully portable, very cool. Can't wait for 4.8!

Comment

just for the info the update server is currently down so if you download v4.2 you will have to use it for a day or two until the server is back up. ( thank alex wrecks the server then leaves for the day )

v4.8 will be released with in the next few days

get v4.2 here

tony

Comment

Well get the server working so we can download 4.8 can't wait.

Comment

sorry bout the vaporware(v4.8). i had a hard drive crash.

i should definetly release it in the next couple of days.

sorry i've got a lot on

tony

Comment

Its okay Tony. I was just bugging you before. Your making some quality software, for FREE, so I can wait a few more days or weeks.

Comment

should be later tonight just got to remove a minor bug from the update form.

hey acid if i dont fix the bug later today ill send it to you anyway and u can test it.

tony

Comment

v4.8 is uploaded to server.

so download v4.2 at the below link, then use the updater to get v4.8

changes

ScripterNite v4.8

Should fully support relative paths.
                  Removed interop.shell32.dll from the ScripterNite directory, it's now completely embedded.
                  Should be fully portable on burnt CD/DVD/BD, USB Drive etc...
                  Added run using administrative privilages in RunApp.
                  Added an update form with a download progess bar ( with bugs but should work ok )
                  heaps more code changes, can't remember them all.

Options Form
                  ------------
                  Added a 1 second momentary message on the options forms when saving.

Shortcut Form
                  -------------
                  Removed the messagebox after successfully creating a shortcut and replaced with a 1 second momentary message.
                  Only adds icon paths to the IconPath DropDownBox that have an embedded icon.
                  Now Adds icon paths to the IconPath DropDownBox after manually selecting an icon from the icon picker dialog.

--------------------------------
                  AND DON'T FORGET SOME FEED BACK!
                  --------------------------------
                  Last edited by toco1971; 23.01.2011, 18:29.

Comment

Hey Tony. Thanks for your efforts. I got your email too. I'll update to 4.8 tomorrow night late and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Downloaded 4.8 through internal update. Worked fine removed the interop.shell32.dll from the ScripterNite directory. Ran and tested my 4.7 shortcuts works fine. Recreated them in 4.8 just to test it out and works great. Another quality release.

Oh and I updated my Daemon Tools Lite to the latest version too 4.40.2. Still works great!

Comment

thanks for the feedback acid, cause i was a bit worried bout this release. It seems the more time i program the less time i can be bothered testing

tony

p.s. thanks again even though your message was a bit suspenceful, that is i was waiting for the bad news! lol

Comment

couple more questions does it create shortcuts ok and also can you drag a file or shortcut onto one of the application textfields. this is where interop.shell32.dll comes into play.

also does the update form now give you information about your version(v4.8). does the update form appear to behave correctly.

thanks again acid

tony

p.s. 4 questions

Comment

Lol sorry to keep you in suspense. Okay I've tested for you. On Windows XP SP 3 it creates shortcuts just fine. I also dragged a EXE for a game I use the shortcut for into a new script. Worked fine as well. So far no bugs I can see from using it.

Oh and I did test the new update form. It looks great I really like it compared to the old one. And yes it does report that I have version 4.8. Plus adding the release notes in there is a nice touch.

Comment

finally got a website at

ScripterNite - Home

you can download the latest version from there

tony

Comment

Nice setup on the website. Very clean and easy to navigate. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                                X