Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exe problem

Hello,

Using Daemon Tools, I mounted a cue file from a game. It installed fine the first time, but I got "no cd" error. So not knowing what to do, I unistalled the program then reinstalled, once again install went fine. But now in the game directory there is no game icon or exe like the first time?
    Theres one on my desktop, but not in the directory.
    I also still get the "no cd" error!
    theres only one file to point to when "mounting image"...(the cue).
    now that its installed do i have to mount the .bin to play? if so how?

thanks for any help in advance

which game?

Comment

hello,

The game is Postal 2 STP.. I've tried files from other sites to help run the game without the need of putting in the cd, but I still got the "no cd" error! It seems after trying to copy those files into the directory, when i reinstall the game exe doesnt show up in the directory? (it did the first time)

Comment

Postal 2 is protected by SecuROM >v4.8x, so bin/cue image won't work! Re-create from your original cd in appropriate image format (e.g. Alcohol or Blindwrite).
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

whats the right format

Comment

with alcohol use mds/mdf, with blindwrite bw5...

generally said its best to use the format natively supported by the program you are using to create the image...

Comment

thanks for the help guys, really appreciated your time for an IMP like me!

I went and got Alcohol120%, I had nero before but had no clue how to use it and its capabilities!
              After reading some posts and things, I just winded up checking off a couple options in alcy120, (ones I remembered were mentioned in secuROM faqs) I then ran the "Image making wizard" I think, pointed to my .cue file and in the drop down box chose MDS/MDF, and started?

It made a new file, and i can mount to virtual drive and i can install, but its the same problems I had with the CUE file (no EXE in dir. , and no cd error).
              Did I not check off the right options or somthing, is that all it takes

Comment

Just select SecuROM new v4.x/5.x profile in Alcohol - it should create appropriate mds/mdf-image.

Comment

sorry to keep this going, I feel a little closer to success, but It's still not working? and rather than make a new thread.

I used clonyxxl and IT says my file is safedisc v2 or 3.

I tried burning the cue into mdf/mds using safedisc and secuROM, but emulation is halted still by the infamous "Please insert correct cd" error!

I'm not asking for anything illegal (I hope)
                  I mean, as i understand it you should be able to emulate these copyrighted games without using a fixed exe, right?

Guess I just need to keep trying? will i eventually get this or what?

So you guys can tell me to bug off if ya want... thanks so far

Comment

Sorry, there're some Postal 2 versions protected by SafeDisc 2.90.040 - so use SafeDisc 2/3 profile in Alcohol. Now it depends on your writer, if it's able to write the so-called weak sectors. If not, try Daemon Tools fast dump feature (enable SafeDisc emulation, start Postal 2 with original cd, end it, dump the cd -> all defect sectors should be read in ca. 10secs);
                    write to cd-r, then play with enabled SafeDisc emulation.

Comment

Working...
                    X