Unreal Tournament 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreal Tournament 2004

Is there anyway to bypass the Securom protection? If so, please let me know.

Maybe you should create a usual image with alcohol (securom new v4/5)
    and mount it into your virtual drive (daemon tools)

If it does not work it maybe blacklisted...I do not have the game yet!

Comment

If you have the DVD version you can't copy with alcohol as it won't do securom with DVD's

Comment

UT2004 DVD Special Edition

Has anyone messed with the DVD version yet? I've been able to make a basic ISO image, but then when I try to mount and run the game with D-Tools 3.44 I get: "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securom.com/emulation for more details" Same error with Alcohol 120%. I've tried a couple of tools to make a copy, but SecuRom gives me an error about having to have an original rather than a backup. That's ok, because I don't really care about having a copy anyway, I just don't want to dig out the DVD everytime I want to play the game. Is this an issue with SecuRom simply detecting this version of Daemon Tools, or do I need to create my image file differently, or is there a solution at all???

Comment

janders- I get the same thing. I think our hope lies here:
          http://www.daemon-tools.cc/portal/viewtopic.php?t=2625 (Copytroopers' comment(s))

I just want to know what the ETA for the new version is

Comment

Thanks for directing me there. Guess I missed that one when browsing the topics. Hopefully I don't tear up my DVD by then. I wonder what their replacement policy is... lol

Comment

I'm just leaving mine in my drive. Cant get scratched if it never comes out!

Comment

Lol. True. Unfortunately, I've been switching between my Play disk and the Tutorials Disk. I've been trying to learn UnrealEd. Though come to think of it, maybe I could make an image of the tutorials DVD... Hmmm...

Comment

:twisted: Alc to make the image. install from the mounted image. liberate the exe and put in your key workz for me. now i put the original away.

Comment

'liberate the exe'. what is that exactly?

and 'alc to make the image' = use alcohol 120%, right?

Comment

Yes you have to use alcohol 120% for this and make sure you make a good DPM for the game. You only need this for the game cd and not the instalation cds. With the latest daemon tools it should work unless your burner cant read all those subchannel data and whatever. IF that is the case try emulating it?

liberate the exe
                      Not sure what that means unless if its a nocd patch which is illegal since you cant change any of the game files i believe.

Comment

the problem is with imaging the DVD, not the CD. I believe we need the next DTools release

Originally Posted by Black Raven
                        Not sure what that means unless if its a nocd patch which is illegal since you cant change any of the game files i believe.
                        I think you're right

Comment

Half way there

Well, thanks for the new version of Daemon Tools :-) At least the emulation error is gone now. Now it's just "Please insert the original disk instead of a backup." Unfortunately DPM mode is not available for the DVD in Alcohol (At least not for me). When I switch to my DVD player, all of the good options disappear :-( The only options I have are "Separate Image file every: " with a list with "NEVER SEPERATE, 640 MB, 680 MB, 700 MB, 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB" and then a check box for "Skip reading errors". I guess DPM is not available for DVDs??? Does any one know for sure, or has anyone gotten a proper image of the DVD?

Comment

You can try blindwrite 5. It has dvd dpm option and its images can be mounted by dtools.

Comment

FYI, the newly released version of DAEMON Tools, v3.46, fixes the current UT2K4 blacklist. Just make a proper backup the same way you do for all SecuROM 4.8 games (normal dump + sector density file, eg. BlindWrite's BWA, of the sixth disc);
                              put the image files and the sector density file in the same place, mount, and voila. Also, it's not necessary to install the game from your DAEMON Tools drive -- you can install it from your normal CD drive and mount the sixth CD instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X