No announcement yet.

dinvinity II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no Mod rights in this section, but if i had them i'd have also deleted it
    (Once again) Hijacking to highlight other topics + inappropriate language.
    Maybe i'd also have removed the post before that where he insinuates
    YASU/OMEN gets delayed "without a real reason" ...if i could
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
      i seriously doubt he's in collusion with game companies.. whats his gain? his tools free...
      Free. And blacklisted.
      Collusion with game companies?

Comment

Originally Posted by A.Hecka View Post
        Well, just to give the note to everyone:

Yet again one of my posts get lost due to terramexx´s delete button.

Conspiracy?
        Edit: So it seems, Terramexx didn´t delete the post. So there are others deleting as well.

Comment

@A.Hecka
          What do you expect now ? A public explanation by an Admin ?
          You know why it was removed and still think you got a raw deal and have to discuss decisions like that in public ?
          That's not how this forum, how any forum works.

You intentionally provoke, hijack with offtopic content and still pretent you have the right to do so ?
          Just stand to some basic rules and all your posts will survive.

Let's stop this now.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

(Kinda) back to the topic: I have a legal copy of Dinvinity II but it doesn't run due to SecuRom issues with "emulation software". I have only a simulated IDE drive (DAEMON Tools Pro 4.30.305.77) with no image mounted. Cloaking with Yasu 1.6.9040 doesn't work.

I understand that SecuRom Emulation is not working, but it should be possible at least to run a game from an original DVD without installing DAEMON Tools.

Any hints?

Comment

Please click on the SecuROM link - it maybe talking about CloneCD.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                Please click on the SecuROM link - it maybe talking about CloneCD.
                I don't have CloneCD installed. However I got Divinity to run in the meantime. I needed to remove the virtual (IDE) drive but didn't need to deinstall Daemon Tools. However: since other people with the Lite version report Yasu to work, I begin to believe that Yasu is only able to cloak virtual SCSI drives, while it doesn't cloak virtual IDE drives. So indeed the more expensive Pro version causes more problems than the Lite version.

Any chance to fix this in Yasu or (which would make much more sense) cloak all virtual drives (SCSI and IDE) by default?

Comment

YASU is cloaking also IDE drives, it just seems to be the case you have a special chipset like P45 which SecuROM likes more (on my NForce 4 chipset it is working perfectly).
                  Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                    YASU is cloaking also IDE drives, it just seems to be the case you have a special chipset like P45 which SecuROM likes more (on my NForce 4 chipset it is working perfectly).
                    Mainboard chipset is X58. Dunno what the chipset has to do with a software emulated drive, but anyway: this is rather annoying.

Comment

for all which have a lot of luck where run a SR game after killing YASU by taskmanager

with this method you dont need yasu...

go to regedit

Start -> run -> regedit
                      Pfad: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\Open\Command

and change the key from

regedit.exe "%1"
                      to
                      regedit.exe /s "%1"

after that windows will not ask you before you change / import any reg keys

after that go to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdrom\Enum]

here you have to export the reg key, save it and edit the file.
                      you have to change the string vom SCSI to IDE in case you have installed a vSCSI or a "real" scsi like me.
                      (i.e from "0"="SCSI\\CDROMA.... to "0"="IDE\\CDROMA.....)

(YASU change this too)

copy this file to your autorun, now will change automatic after reboot this reg key and you dont need yasu
                      (you have to save this file as filename.reg)
                      ... have fun
                      Last edited by moonie; 04.08.2009, 13:39.

Comment

Although this is not mentioned in the release notes, the new "Pro Advanced" version (4.35.0306.0088) seems to fix this issue. Divinity II starts now if a virtual IDE drive is installed - without any cloaking.

Comment

Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
                          Although this is not mentioned in the release notes, the new "Pro Advanced" version (4.35.0306.0088) seems to fix this issue. Divinity II starts now if a virtual IDE drive is installed - without any cloaking.
                          Hi,

I have Windows 7 RC and DT Pro Advanced 4.35 and the game still doesn't start with mounted image. What OS do you have, 0xdeadbeef?

Or maybe my .mds is too bad. Is it possible to PM your mds file?
                          Last edited by customer39544381; 06.08.2009, 21:11.

Comment

Originally Posted by customer39544381 View Post
                            Hi,

I have Windows 7 RC and DT Pro Advanced 4.35 and the game still doesn't start with mounted image. What OS do you have, 0xdeadbeef?

Try to burn to a DVD RW an test with a backup copy,
                            which virtual adapter ypu have? vSCSI oder vIDE

Comment

Originally Posted by customer39544381 View Post
                              Hi,

I didn't say that I run the game from an image. I run the original game from the original DVD. Yet until the latest update, it wouldn't start until I removed all virtual drives.

Comment

Originally Posted by 0xdeadbeef View Post
                                Yet until the latest update, it wouldn't start until I removed all virtual drives.
                                before you removed all vdrive which error you have?

insert original or emulator found?

Comment

Working...
                                X