Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boardmaker v6 - SecuROM 7.35.0008

Hi everyone,
    I am thinking of purchasing DT, but I would like to know if anyone has had any success making a working backup for Boardmaker v6 (secuROM 7.35.0008)?
    I have tried following instructions on other sites (CDfreaks) with no success. I always get the error message 'cannot authenticate original CD' or 'emulation detected' (even when using an emulation-hiding program).
    I am willing to purchase DT if I know that it will work for sure.
    Any ideas anyone?
    Thanks,
    *EQL*

Hallo, and welcome to the forums.

How have you created your image ?
    In which virtual drive do you mount it ?
    Which emulation-hiding program are you using ?

Could you please post the exact wording of the error message(s);
    maybe there is also a SecuROM link included in the error message.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Boardmaker Plus v.6 Question Too!

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Hallo, and welcome to the forums.

How have you created your image ?
      In which virtual drive do you mount it ?
      Which emulation-hiding program are you using ?

Could you please post the exact wording of the error message(s);
      maybe there is also a SecuROM link included in the error message.
      Hi,

I have somewhat of the same question and I will try to answer your questions the best that I can but you will have to bear with me as I am completely new to this. I have Boardmaker Plus v.6. I have read so many things on the internet as to how to make a copy of this. I want to make a stand alone copy, meaning I don't want to have to have anything special installed to make it work, if this is possible - my rough understanding is this is what 'emulation' and 'virtual drives' refer to? I have tried to see what version or whatever those numbers are after 'SecuROM' that I have, and this is what A-Ray said (if I did it right) after I did a sector scan: [23:11:15 PM] SecuROM detected -> D:\BM Plus v6 [7447F0A2].

This is how I have created my image/CD (from CD Freaks):

1. After putting the cd to be copied into your drive start alcohol and click on “Image Making Wizard”.

2. At the next screen, select the drive into which you put your cd as the reading device, set the reading speed (Maximum is fine) and set the datatype as Securom *New (4.x/5.x).Then click on “Next”.

3. At the next screen, you will be asked to choose an image name a place to save the image files. Just accept the defaults and click on “Start”.

4. A pop-up will then appear with the next screen asking you to select the measuring speed for Data Position Measurement. (Many people believe that 1x should always be chosen as it will give the best results but this is not necessarily so. My old Ltd-163 produces flawless bwa files almost every time at 12x but produces terrible results at 1x, 2x or 4x. My SOHD-167T also produces excellent results at 12x so that’s the speed I use. Experiment if necessary and see what works best for you.) Once you’ve selected the speed click on OK within the pop-up.

5. The data position measurement will then commence and upon completion of that measurement the image will be made. When the image is made, alcohol will eject the cd and you can click on “Finish”.

6. You will now have 2 files, an .mds and an .mdf file wherever you chose to save them; if you chose the default, they will be in the Alcohol 120% sub-folder of your My Documents folder.

B. Patching the image files.

7. Now that you’ve made the image files, start A-Ray Scanner and click on “OPTIONS”.

8. On the pop-up that will then appear click on “TwinCreator” to open the TwinCreator module.

9. Then click first on “Select Supported Image”, navigate to the folder where you saved the image files and select the .mdf file that you just made.

10. Then click on “Select Media-Description” and select the .mds file.

11. The default options of a Twin Sector step of 15 and a maximum image size of 710 MB are generally ok so once you’ve selected both files, click “Start”. A pop-up box will then appear indicating where twinsectors will be inserted. Click OK and the patching process will commence. The module will tell you when it has finished and you can just then click on OK to close the module.

12. After you’ve patched the image files, in addition to your original files, you will now have two additional files being patched.mdf and patched.mds wherever you saved the original image files.

C. Burning the patched image.

13. Inset a bland cdr/w into your writer and re-open alcohol (if you closed it after making the original image files.

14. Then right click on an empty part of the box where the .mds of your original image file appears and click on “Add images…”. Select patched.mds to add it to the image list and leave it highlighted.

15. Then click “Image Burning Wizard”.

16. At the next screen you can just click “Next” though you should decide whether or not you want to keep the image after burning and either check or uncheck the box to delete the image after recording as appropriate.

17. At the next screen a pop-up will appear telling you that there is no RMPS info in the source and that you can’t make a copy using this datatype (i.e. Securom *New (4.x/5.x). Just click OK and then set the datatype to Securom *New. Then set your desired burning speed (Max will almost certainly be ok but if you want to be cautious you could choose a much lower speed such as 8x) and click “Start”.

18. At the next screen a pop-up will appear telling you that the image size doesn’t match to the lead-out recorded in the TOC and you will be given 3 options as to how to proceed. Choose the first one: “Keep TOC as on source CD, write until end of image file (recommended)” and click OK.

19. Alcohol will then burn the patched image and eject the burnt cdr/w when finished.

I don't know the answers to your questions regarding virtual drives and emulation-hiding programs.

Once I put my CD in I can get the program to install without any problem, and it will say that the installation is complete, and the icons will be on my desktop. You have to have the CD in the computer to use the program. Once I try to click on the icon use the program, with the CD in, it acts likes it is loading for a minute or two and then I get this message:

"Unable to authenticate the original disk within time limit" and it asks me if I would like to retry. No SecuROM link is included anywhere in the error message

It never works. I have seen other people post on different forums that they have been successful with the above steps so I have no idea why it does not not work for me. Someone suggested I try Daemon Tools. I would love to if it meets my needs - do you think I will ever be able to make a working copy, and if so a working copy that can be used on any computer, computers that do not have to have anything special installed on them in order for it to work (virtual devices, emulators, etc.).

Sorry this is so long, I just wanted to be able to give you any and all information that you might need. Thank-you so much in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Comment

@Beth
        You're describing the Twinpeak method which doesn't need any kind of emulation.
        But not all drives are capable of starting such non-standard copies - though the older LiteOn drives are known to be a good choice for that purpose.

Having said that, let's try the emulated way.

After step #6 you have an unpatched mds/mdf image:
        You can either mount the mds in the virtual drive of DAEMON Tools (or Alcohol) as described here (in case you get a 'emulation detected' message you have to use YASU or ACID - latter is part of Alcohol)...

...or you can burn an emulated physical copy using Alcohol's Securom *New (4/5/7) datatype.
        Before loading such a 'RMPS copy' you have to activate the RMPS emulation in either DAEMON Tools' or Alcohol's options.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I will try that, thanks for your help.

Comment

Just an addendum:
            Twinpeak really is the only method without the need "to have anything special
            installed on them in order for it to work (virtual devices, emulators, etc.)."
            So unfortunately there is no alternative for you.

Comment

BM Plus v6

BM Plus v6 requires the original cd.
              DT, SecuROM, imaging, none of these will work as their is a barcode imprinted onto the original cd that the software looks for before it will open the program.
              Drive emulation and cd imaging work as far as installing BM, but they will not run the program. I know, I've tried.

Comment

Originally Posted by tech_tonic View Post
                Drive emulation and cd imaging work as far as installing BM, but they will not run the program. I know, I've tried.
                How have you tried ?
                And which error message did you get ?

btw. how should an optical drive read a printed barcode ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  How have you tried ?
                  And which error message did you get ?

btw. how should an optical drive read a printed barcode ?
                  Not sure how the drive reads the barcode but I suspect that it somehow does, as I have experienced the same thing. I could be completely wrong, but I have tried all the aforementioned techniques as well and never had any real success. Just like Terramex said I can get an installer copy that successfully installs the program, but if I actually want the program to run I have to insert the actual barcoded cd. To be as specific as possible, I encounter no errors copying nor when creating an image file of the cd. I can use a copy or a mounted image to successfully install the program. Even then I still have to insert the original cd to get it to run Boardmaker V6 (and it does, which tells me the installation from copy/image is fine). I would really like to see a solution to this one, I just want to be able to run it on my laptop from an image so I can conserve battery power.

Oh and as for the error message, it says something about the original cd not able to be detected when using a copy or an image file.

Comment

Bar Codes? hahaha

I successfully made a copy of Boardmaker 6.1.4 for my 'friend' with Alcohol 120% ver. 1.9.8 about an hour ago.

She's testing out the software on her laptop and it runs great.

It's running the backup CD with DT lite with Securom emulation and RMPS. Windows 7.

I wasn't going to even try after reading the posts above... but am glad I'm not the gullible type.

Comment

Originally Posted by Werm View Post
                      I successfully made a copy of Boardmaker 6.1.4 for my 'friend' with Alcohol 120% ver. 1.9.8 about an hour ago.

She's testing out the software on her laptop and it runs great.

It's running the backup CD with DT lite with Securom emulation and RMPS. Windows 7.

I wasn't going to even try after reading the posts above... but am glad I'm not the gullible type.
                      I know I am getting back to this over a month after you posted, but did you do anything but simply have Alcohol make a copy? What specific steps did you take? I suspect if Alcohol 120% can truly make a physical copy that works then I should be able to make a virtual cd that does as well. I've used DT Lite with "stubborn" CDs (and virtual CDs) before but never had any success with Boardmaker v6 copies on Vista 32-bit.

To be specific I have Boardmaker version 6.1.1d on CD. Any specifics you can provide on how you got it to work would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here you go. Worked perfectly for me.

Illustrated guide to copying SecuROM 7 *with RMPS emulation* - Club MyCE

Originally Posted by marvelljones View Post
                        I know I am getting back to this over a month after you posted, but did you do anything but simply have Alcohol make a copy? What specific steps did you take? I suspect if Alcohol 120% can truly make a physical copy that works then I should be able to make a virtual cd that does as well. I've used DT Lite with "stubborn" CDs (and virtual CDs) before but never had any success with Boardmaker v6 copies on Vista 32-bit.

To be specific I have Boardmaker version 6.1.1d on CD. Any specifics you can provide on how you got it to work would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

hi, does anyone has any chance with making a virtual copy of this app? I work in educational field and we need to install it on laptop without cd reader =(

Comment

Try to use DAEMON Tools Pro Advanced 4.36.0309. Use SecuROM profile during imaging.

Comment

hi, just to let you know it didn't work with dt pro, I tried the different securom options profile.
                              however I was able to create a working copy with the latest version of alcohol 120%, and it's working great with dtlite (no emulation needed)
                              thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X