Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DT Pro Adv NEEDS WinXP (x64) vIDE support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try DOSBox for older Games.
    You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
    sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Yeah, DOSBox is great for games like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Castle Wolfenstein.

Secondly, Vista doesn't like/is incompatible with (reciting from memory) games like SIN 1, NOLF 1 & 2, older Rainbow Six releases, older Command & Conquer releases, and even MechWarrior 3 & 4 (luckily 4 is being re-released for free in the near future, and 5 is on the way soon!) so.....

Lastly, being my home PC is also my work PC (I telecommute) my 8GB is more than necessary when compiling training videos in Vegas/Premiere/After Effects/etc for a client or if I'm heavily multitasking during the work day... In the past I even loaded VMware Server (free!) in Vista to run some of my older games (on virtual installs of Win98se, Win2k, WinXP), some sorta work, some not so much. It's always nice to spend one's lunch hour with a gun in your hand (virtually speaking of course).

Comment

Regarding DirectSound3D and Vista...just throw the Creative cards away. While the hardware is good the drivers were and always will be utter junk. I had to RE and patch them myself several times in the past...

Anyhow get an ASUS Xonar D2X. Far greater quality from manufacturing process to connectors used to SNR to anything AND unlike the "Creative Alchemy" DSound3D-to OpenAL call wrapper (that needs manual tweaking buffer parameters per game and usually crashes leaving frozen sound buffer streams running--which you can't reset until reboot and only if you don't get a 0x0000000A stop error meanwhile due to the abominable drivers), Xonar's "DS3d GX" simply works and provides EAX as well.

Not to mention that it's PCI-e (not native but who cares when you can do 2ms latency on ASIO with no artifacts), something that CL engineers had the nerve to publicly claim that was not possible with the existing bus spec...

*ok rant off now*
        Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
        In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Working...
        X