Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Error message "No language support detected"

  1. #1

    Default Error message "No language support detected"

    Hello, I am running XP and version 3.26 Daemon Tools is installed. For this error message to disappear I have to uninstall, then reinstall Daemon Tools, which is annoying to say the least. I am running Evidence Eliminator and suspect this is the culprit. Anyone experiencing the same problem, either solve or confirm my suspicions. :?:

  2. #2
    New User
    Join Date
    10.02.2003
    Posts
    4

    Default

    It happens the same to me, under Windows 98SE. I never had problems with Daemon Tools, but now I'm not able to open it, receiving the same error message. The mounted images are still there.
    Maybe it's caused by using Registry Healer, I don't know yet. I opened 'Regional Settings' under Control Panel and it's fucked! The available list of countries/languages has repeated and invalid entries. Anybody know what's up ? Thanks

  3. #3
    New User
    Join Date
    10.02.2003
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I used the program API MONITOR to trace the calls from Daemon Tools 3.29, and saved the logfile. You can see it as plain text or load under API MONITOR (recommended). I think you'll be able to know what's up after seeing this log.
    My log is available at http://fr3dy.meanmachine.ch/daemon.zip
    Api Monitor is available at http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor/

    Please take it a look and tell us what happens. Thanks

  4. #4
    Administrator



    Join Date
    06.11.2002
    Posts
    2,044

    Default

    This happened because your registry cleaner destroyed some important registry settings of Windows Installer that are used by Daemon Tools.

  5. #5

    Default

    I also run registry healer, so this is the common link, it has to be the culprit, thanks for your reply and goodluck.

  6. #6
    New User
    Join Date
    10.02.2003
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I made it work again without reinstalling Windows.
    Here are the steps I followed:

    Download Windows Installer 2.0 (MsiInstA.exe)
    Decompress the file to a chosen directory by using 'msiinsta.exe /c' from command line
    Execute MsiInst.msi from that directory
    Remove Daemon Tools
    Remove units from Hardware Manager (Virtual CD Drives and Virtual SCSI hosts)
    Reinstalled Daemon Tools
    Everything working fine now

    Hope it works for you too. Bye!

  7. #7
    Administrator



    Join Date
    06.11.2002
    Posts
    2,044

    Default

    Normally it should be enough to uninstall and install again Daemon Tools only.

  8. #8
    New User
    Join Date
    10.02.2003
    Posts
    4

    Default

    No, it didn't worked for me just removing and reinstalling it.
    I received either the 'language support' message error or some kind of internal error after installing Daemon Tools again.

  9. #9
    Administrator



    Join Date
    06.11.2002
    Posts
    2,044

    Default

    Ok, thanks.

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •