Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function not working properly

Some key words don't bring any result at all, e.g. try please

Further, when browsing all posts of a user only the last 500 posts are shown.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

That example contains words which are very common, therefore search engine ignores them.
    Also you can search for them directly if you put the word into two *
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay, *please* brings 3 results.
      I can't believe the community is that impolite

Regarless of my maybe unsuitable example there seem to be topics i just
      can't find anymore though using key words that worked before.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I'll investigate this problem.

Comment

Any results yet? Because of the buggy searchengine I guess the rumours of deleted threads came up because the searchfunction was not able to bring some threads back to light again.

Comment

I think it's the old problem. At least it already occured about two months ago. I'm trying to find solution.

Terramex, please make some examples, which worked correctly before.

Comment

@Sway
              e.g. root, architecture

Just choose any thread, pick a word, and check whether you can find it

Comment

Well, really really offtopic... But on the other hand not really worth to open a new thread... What about changing the smilies used in here? Imho the "wink" and "verwirrt" smilies are looking way to agressive I think. What about the good old yellow ones used in a million other forums?

Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                  @Sway
                  e.g. root, architecture

Just choose any thread, pick a word, and check whether you can find it
                  Thanks!
                  Originally Posted by A.Hecka View Post
                  Well, really really offtopic... But on the other hand not really worth to open a new thread... What about changing the smilies used in here? Imho the "wink" and "verwirrt" smilies are looking way to agressive I think. What about the good old yellow ones used in a million other forums?
                  Of course the old yellow smiles are more habitual, but they don't correspond to DT style This problem needs to be discussed with our designers.

Comment

Well, perhaps you need to change color channels to map yellow into blue.

[edit]
                    On the other hand, did anyone see any nice and sweet daemons? >:-)
                    Last edited by oder2; 13.08.2009, 16:55.

Comment

ironically searching for 'search' gets a lot of hits
                      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by oder2 View Post
                        On the other hand, did anyone see any nice and sweet daemons? >:-)

At least sweet ...kind of.

EDIT: Oops, another bug when inserting images
                        And that's the result when pasting the URL of the image:

Comment

Ok, my "fault"
                          If url contains the string images this will turn into hxxp://img.forum.daemon-tools.cc/

Comment

>:-)

Comment

Such a darling!

Comment

Working...
                              X