Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support." - can't install lite or pro

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

OK, that means something is actually blocking SPTD which isn't started in safe mode. Mostly a security software.
    This forum has private messaging system, but available only to users with at least 20 posts.
    You can leave a visitor message at some admin's profile regarding this issue.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Ahh yes, I found out what the problem was...

It was the S3D service from IZ3D that conflicted.

If anyone else has the same problem, here's what I did:
    • Goto start - Run - msconfig
    • Click the services tab
    • Click on the manufacturer thing
    • Disable all services that aren't from Microsoft
    • Reboot

If the problem is gone, you can start enabling some services again, reboot again, and find out what the problem was

New User

Hi,

I just purchased the DAEMON Tools Pro Standard and when I tried to install it I got the same error than the title of this thread says.

I have Windows 7 64bit (build 7100) and F-Secure Technology Preview 2009 security suite.

The installation succeeded when I disabled all F-Secure services from msconfig. I can then use it also when the F-Secure services are disabled. When I enable the services I get the "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.51 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated." error message.

So it seems that Daemon tools don't like F-Secure or the other way around. The F-Secure is just a technology preview so the situation may change when the final product comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrowizard View Post

• Click the services tab
    • Reboot

If the problem is gone, you can start enabling some services again, reboot again, and find out what the problem was

this works very fine with my win7 x64 too. thank you very much.....

greez wizz

Quote Originally Posted by Necrowizard View Post

• Click the services tab
    • Reboot

I go to start->Run->msconfig->services tab->i click on manufacturer-> and then i turn off S3D Service (win 32) and S3D Service (win 64) from iZ3D Inc. and that helps...than i can normally install deamon tools

Default Incompatibility between Daemon Tools and Spyware Doctor from Google Pack

Incompatibility between Daemon Tools and Spyware Doctor from Google Pack

Error 14 at install or

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPDT 1.51 or higher. Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

Google Pack "Spyware Doctor" conflicts with Daemon Tools Lite
    more specifically the windows service "PC Tools Security Service"

using msconfig.exe
    Disable the windows service "PC Tools Security Service" or uninstall "Spyware Doctor" from Google Pack

New User

Default Same problem

Hello dear friends,

I had the same problem on Windows 7 64bit with F-secure internet security 2010.

I don't think it's a good ideaa to disable the services in msconfig, because this will cause the anti-virus solution not to work anymore, wich means you are not protected agains threats.

What i did was this:

Right-clik the f-secure icon in task-bar and unloaded f-secure allowing all trafic.

Then the installation was successfully without disableing the services.

Default I got this same error message to go away...

PC Tools Spyware Doctor was installed automatically with some google software I downloaded. I shut down that application entirely and then was able to proceed with the installation.

Cody

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm having the same issue in Windows 7, I had D-lite installed previously, now I can't get d-lite or Advanced to install. Installed SPTD x64 and rebooted, Only security software is Zone alarm & AVG. I get the code 14 when I go to install the software.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Uninstall ZoneAlarm toolbar.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast