Windows 7 is Fully Supported for DT Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 is Fully Supported for DT Lite

Is there any eta for Windows 7 full support for the Lite version?

Lite version is fully supporting Win 7 (you may download and install SPTD 1.60 first).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Lite version is fully supporting Win 7 (you may download and install SPTD 1.60 first).
      I beg to differ - Installed the latest daemon tools lite on Windows 7 RTM and windows clearly warns both during install and before you run the software that it's 'incompatible'.

If you ignore the warnings it BSODs the second you mount an image.

I also tried installing SPTD first.

Comment

cigaro78 are you using 32 or 64 bit?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven View Post
          cigaro78 are you using 32 or 64 bit?
          Thank you for your reply. I'm using 32 bits.

Comment

@UllSang
            What kind of issue do you have, or was it just a general question ?

@cigaro78
            Would you please upload your latest Minidump file (usually in c:\Windows\Minidump)
            to a filehoster like e.g. sendspace.com ?
            I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
              @cigaro78
              Would you please upload your latest Minidump file (usually in c:\Windows\Minidump)
              to a filehoster like e.g. sendspace.com ?
              Here is it:
              Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Many thanks!

Comment

BSOD probably caused by jdfs.sys.

Try to update that driver Jungle Disk, Inc. (probably http://www.jungledisk.com/ ).
                And if it is that product, it doesn't even support Win 7 (at least they don't state it)

EDIT: I just downloaded setup and extracted it, it contains jdfs.sys.

EDIT2: @Terramex
                I only checked their download site and there is nothing about Win 7.
                Last edited by Blazkowicz; 31.08.2009, 17:55.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                  And if it is that product, it doesn't even support Win 7 (at least they don't state it)
                  Jungle Disk Support :: Windows 7 support and Rackspace UK.

@cigaro78
                  Where is your image stored ?

If enabled - would you please temporarily disable the backup in-use files option
                  under Backup Options and try to mount an image again.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Same problem on Win7 64-bit

Getting the same message here, that 4.30.4 lite has known compatibility issues with Windows 7 (64-bit version). I do not have the jungle disk driver mentioned installed on my pc.

Are you saying that 4.30.4 lite *should* be compatible, and has it been tested on Windows 7 RTM without issue?

If it should be compatible and and has been used on 64-bit Win 7 without error, I'll give it a go, but don't want to risk the bluescreen if there are known issues.

TIA!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      @cigaro78
                      Where is your image stored ?
                      If enabled - would you please temporarily disable the backup in-use files option
                      under Backup Options and try to mount an image again.
                      Thanks so much. My image is located on an external firewire drive, which under XP was never a problem. I haven't tried loading from a fixed drive yet.

In terms of the jungle disk backup options - none of them are enabled because I only installed it in remote disk mode - there are no backup option to speak of when using this mode.

Cheers!

Comment

Also, for clarity, I'm using Windows Ultimate build (according to registry) 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255

Comment

W7 & Daemon Tools Lite

I installed Daemon Tools Lite on a W7 RTM 32-bit (7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255) and had no problem mounting an iso

Comment

Windows 7 is Fully Supported for DT Lite

it would be nice to know when they will release the light version that fully support windows 7 .

but it is a great product.

Comment

Release date was not determined yet. You can use DT Lite 4.30.4 with manually installed SPTD 1.60 for the present.

Comment

Working...
                              X