This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid problems after Windows upgrade installation

All DAEMON Tools products as well as the SPTD access layer should always be uninstalled before upgrading the OS, e.g. to Windows 7.
    After the upgrade reinstall your DAEMON Tools product.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Too late

I'm afraid it wasn't until after I carried this upgrade out that I discovered this fact. Is there a clean way to take it off now it isn't working in Win 7?

Thanks

Comment

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: You must reboot after previous operation

Comment

Cheers!

That sorted it. I had to go through and do the last step as all the others didn't clear it. So I removed the reg entry, installed SPTD 1.60 and then ran the installer for DT again. I then uninstalled.

Thanks very much!

For others' reference, here are my steps:

1. As last resort uninstall all software using SPTD layer (e.g. DAEMON Tools, Alcohol), open Registry Editor, browse the

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd key, set Start value to 4 (i.e. disabled), and reboot.

After reboot delete complete sptd key in services hive - you must enable all permissions on sptd/cfg key first.

Then reboot, and reinstall, beginning with SPTD layer (v1.60). After reboot check correct SPTD layer installation before reinstallation of DAEMON Tools!

Comment

okay tried all the above and nothing worked.

also;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd key

wasn't in the list and the sptd installer says i have no sptd but just loops and never installs the sptd

Comment

Will keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
            X