Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Hello forums,
    I'm new to CD drive emulation and all that but finally decided to give it a go because I recently purchased a netbook. I wanted to try and test it out first, currently using my Mac Mini under Boot Camp with Windows XP Home.
    My problem is I'm trying to emulate (or whatever the term is) Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. Right now I just have the base game installed, and im trying to get it up and running. My problem is that the image gets burned properly, but when i click on "Play Game" from the splash screen that shows up, the game never launches. I checked in the Task Manager and I see that shortly after clicking the "Play Game" icon, the executable for my game gets killed.
    Any help would be much appreciated, and if you need any more info let me know.

Ace

Which protection does the game have?
    How did you create that image?
    How did you burn the image?
    Is the image working in virtual drive?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

I dont know what copy protection it uses. How would I check?

I used the disc imaging button from the DAEMON Tools toolbar. I made it in ISO format at 24X reading speed with 'Delete on Failure' checked and 'Add to Catalog' un-checked.

I'm not trying to burn an image, i just want to run it virtually without a CD.

It appears to be working. It mounts correctly and even the splash screen shows up properly.

Comment

My problem is that the image gets burned properly
        and
        I'm not trying to burn an image, i just want to run it virtually without a CD.
        It seems you are mixing creating an image and burning an image.

Download Protection ID and let the program scan the installation folder.

It should use SecuROM as protection and ISO image like you created is not sufficient for circumventing this protection.
        Therefore download DAEMON Tools [b]Pro[/url] and create an image with New SecuROM profile (you may also try Old SecuROM profile) and then mount that newly created image.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Yes, i meant creat an image, sorry about the confusion.

I cant seem to get Protection ID to work. It locks up when i try to select Scan Folder(s).

Will I be able to do this with the Trial version? I really dont want to spend any money.

Comment

Nevermind, I got ProtectionID to work. It reported "SecuRom 4.82.01 | Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check"

Comment

Yes, it is working with Trial.
              Peace Through Power

Comment

I got it to work! Thank you so much for the help! I ended up using the New SecuROM profile.

At first I thought it didnt work, because it asks to insert a disc after i clicked on play, but i changed the file path from my physical drive to the virual drive and it started right up!

Now I should be able to use this image with DAEMON Tools Lite, correct?

Comment

Yes, you can use it with DT Lite.
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm having a problem now. I transfered my images to my netbook and they dont seem to be working. I'm having the same issue, where the program will get killed shortly after clicking play on the splash screen. 'm mouting the images with DT Lite on my netbook.

The dd thing is that Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 works just fine, and all the images were made the same way.

Comment

Working...
                    X