X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warez accusation

Originally Posted by RedScorpion View Post
    I have Win7 64Bit.

Daemon Lite with all emulations, Y.A.S.U. with cloak on and still SecuROM detect a conflict with an emulation software.

I tried with two different images, for sure correct ones. No go.

Any help?
    SecuROM 7.40.xxxx blacklists both actual DAEMON Tools Lite and Y.A.S.U versions. You have two choices.

1) Have patience waiting for next yasu version or a new DT Lite version unblacklisting SR 7.40.xxx protection

or

2) Burn image file with RMPS option enabled on a blank dvd media but I won't and can't tell you how as it has nothing to do with DT products.

Anyway could you tell us how you created image file ?
    As you're not a customer users I've many doubts you're using a legit image file or maybe you could attach your MDS file to see how it has been created.

If you won't post anymore here you'll give us proof you're using a warez image and you could be warned and maybe banned for this.

Regards,
    Niko.

Originally Posted by Niko76 View Post
    SecuROM 7.40.xxxx blacklists both actual DAEMON Tools Lite and Y.A.S.U versions.
    Though it doesn't really make sense, current YASU doesn't get
    blacklisted on Windows 7 - at least on the systems i've tested.

If you won't post anymore here you'll give us proof you're using a warez image and you could be warned and maybe banned for this.
    A proof ?
    Nobody will get warned/banned for "nothing".
    Last edited by Terramex; 18.09.2009, 12:58.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex

I think you've misunderstood what I mean and I'm a bit surprised for your answer being a customer and beta team member like me but let me better explain.

You have to know (and I'm sure you already know this), many users register themselves here, write on this forum only when they need help and they suddenly disappear.
      Those users, very often, asks for help in running cloned image of games not out yet on store or "not officially released" claiming to run them or trying to take us in around asking to help them.

Furthermore, when you ask them how did they create their own image files they suddenly stop to answer and give (at least for me) the clear evidence to hide something they don't want to reveal.

I don't think to have said something wrong about that user. I've only told him that if he will not tell us how he did image of Shift (I repeat again, not officially out yet in stores) he will give me the idea he is using a "non legit" copy.

Now, do you think it's not enough for thinking that user is taking us in around ? Well, it's your point of view, not mine.

Anyway I'm tired to help people, expecially RedScorpion, registered almost 2 years ago with a poor post experience asking to be helped while he gives me the idea he wants to use cloned warez version downloaded somewhere.

We must be clear each other Terramex and I pray you to don't consider me like an idiot or a bad guy.

Thanks for your attention.

Have a nice day,
      Niko.

Comment

Game is already out in stores Niko.
        Also please leave such conversation in mod forum and not in public forum - thank you.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

@Niko
          Since i'm visiting this forum the benefit of the doubt always was (and hopefully still is) valid - and this has nothing to do with my actual point of view, which btw. is similar to yours, hence why i've asked how the image was created.

As long as there is no real proof hopefully no one gets warned or even banned.
          And as Blazkowicz already mentioned: game has been officially released yesterday (i got it the day before), here is my MDS file.

We must be clear each other Terramex and I pray you to don't consider me like an idiot or a bad guy.
          Of course not, but as stated before:
          for me the benefit of the doubt is something very important - no matter whether it's about customers or first-posters.
          Don't know whether it's still the official guideline of this forum, but it's mine for sure.

Best regards,
          Thomas
          Last edited by Blazkowicz; 18.09.2009, 17:10.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

@Terramex

I'm sorry regarding what happened on other public thread and I'll try to avoid that such things could happen again.

What you said is totally right and I agree, for almost everything you wrote, but when a user write here on forum, saying to have cloned twice image file saying he uses DT Lite + Yasu it has no sense, as only two programs allow to create clones and we both know which (of course that user never used dt pro and I've doubts he will ever use it).

Now, anyone is free to use his favourite software, but tendency is that many users on this forum, ask help for their cloned image and when someone, like you Terramex, ask "How did you create image ??", in almost any case there won't be any answers at all.
            How would you judge such behavior ?
            I think if anyone has nothing to hide, he must answer to keep away any doubts about he's using a legit clone (and therefore making a legit question) or not.

Of course I've exagerated writing that such users could be warned or banned, but the truth is I'm tired to always have the sensation to be fooled by someone like RedScorpion (who is not the first and maybe even the last) who registered himself 2 years ago, wrote only 17 posts and that, when asked to answer how he did image file, didn't answered yet (and I doubt he will ever do it).

At last, regarding NFS Shift retail, my apologies. Here it's not out yet, some stores report retail date to be tomorrow while I've seen now that other shops have it since today.
            I was wrong and I'm sorry about that.

I hope Terramex and other mods will be understandable. Latins say "Errare humanum est !!!". I'll try to don't make mystakes anymore.

Sorry again and best wishes to everyone.

Comment

... saying to have cloned twice image file
              He only said "I tried with two different images"; maybe those
              two (of our beloved ) MDS-Mini Images hosted on GCW ???

But let's see which answer we'll get in the thread...

Comment

Sure.

Anyway, my apologies for everything. I hope we'll continue to be good friends and help each other like helping anyone.

Comment

@Niko76
                  Concerning this post:

Could you also think of some implication like e.g.
                  Originally Posted by Sabrehawk View Post
                  i dont wanna fuck up my partition data for just not having to use a NODVD fix...
                  ... "so i'll rather stick with the orignal disc." ?

English isn't my mother tounge but for me his original formulation implies that he precisely NOT wants to use a crack.
                  Last edited by Terramex; 09.10.2009, 20:29.

Comment

It's always the same story, strictly related to "benefit of the doubt". It's true he is saying he doesn't want to use a crack, but why he should specify it ?
                    It might be better to say nothing about it. On warez scene game came out few days ago, approximately the same time user opened that thread asking for helps to bypass SecuROM protection.
                    The strange thing is that current DTE antiblacklisting tool, allows to play last 7.40 SecuROM protected game and that user is a customer one who used "not so good" words for that tool.

Regarding, at last, his original formulation, saying it doesn't want to use a crack doesn't imply he will never use it.
                    Anyway, in my honest opinion, if someone wants to use what he wants, he could simply do its needs without saying anything on forum, talking about something not properly "legal".
                    I hope to have explained well my feelings.

Regards,
                    Niko.

Comment

A customer opens a thread in which he tells about YASU being blacklisted by a game - no real news.
                      Further we know he doesn't want to use DTE - which is perfectly ok.

So where is the connection to warez at all ?

Let's assume he indeed wants to use a crack - what makes you think you need to express
                      your feelings about a possible warez use ?
                      Using images + antiblacklisting tools + manual registry editing can imply warez use just the same.
                      You could have at most reminded him that questions about cracks aren't allowed (though he didn't ask any question).

P.S.: DTE does not work in all cases

Comment

@Terramex
                        DTE is only not working on Win 7, on below it is working (not tested Win 2k). And, on all computers which aren't running Win 7.
                        Last edited by Blazkowicz; 10.10.2009, 09:00.
                        Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
                          DTE is only not working on Win 7...
                          ...and also on some configurations, e.g. on my XP system - and i'm pretty sure there are others as well.
                          Not the mention the annoying BSODs when unloading the driver or other situations like e.g. hiding/showing desktop symbols That's really no option ATM - at least not for me, and obviously for others as well.

Have a look at the video ...and yes, i've also tried with a full image :

Back to topic:
                          I really don't wanna force Niko76 into a corner, but as his once more expressed "feelings" about potential warez use are still present in the thread i'd like to ask the Admins: is it supportable to connect customers with Warez only because of personal feelings (& the sheer mentioning of the phrase NoDVD) ?

Comment

Well, you get Emulator detected as vIDE drive has a lower drive letter as vUSB drive.
                            Best is still to have real optical drives counting down from Z, so storage drives are in order and so not causing emulator messages.

Next version has already some stability fixes (e. g. Bad Pool BSOD) and some other improvements, we just have to wait for the author to release it.

Mentioning a crack is a NO-GO. But saying he is a warez user only because of that is also a NO-GO.

Also, VLC can't playback your file, had to use stupid WMP.

Could you post Mini Image and Files for NFS Shift, need it for testing purposes (protection).
                            Also do you have any minidump regarding BSOD while hiding/showing desktop symbols?
                            Last edited by Blazkowicz; 10.10.2009, 12:14.
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

Well, you get Emulator detected as vIDE drive has a lower drive letter as vUSB drive.
                              Confirmed - working now.
                              That really should be mentioned in the nfo as that order is the most common.
                              Also, VLC can't playback your file, had to use stupid WMP.
                              Not my fault
                              Could you post Mini Image and Files for NFS Shift, need it for testing purposes (protection).
                              Download test.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Will hand in the minidump later.
                              Last edited by Terramex; 10.10.2009, 12:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X