upgrade from 4.30.1 to 4.30.4, windows xp did not boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade from 4.30.1 to 4.30.4, windows xp did not boot

I have Windows XP SP3, windows firewall is enabled, no antivirus, no burner software.

When I started up windows today, daemon tools notified me that an upgrade is available and gave me a link to the download page.

I downloaded and run the installer, which notified me that it needs to restart windows and continue the install process after that. I let it restart windows.

Usually my windows loads very fast, but now I waited for several minutes with the windows boot progress bar with no apparent progress.

Did hard reset, tried again, no success.

Hard reset, boot into safe mode with networking (success), check logs for no insights at all.

Restart for normal boot (success) and now the daemon tools installer continued the install process normally.

What were those failures to boot about? I'm not convinced. Software like this should not compromise my system access.

If I can give any more relevant detail, ask.

Try installing SPTD 1.60 from DuplexSecure.
    Latest Lite installer only contains version 1.58.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

This only happened at the reboot that was necessary for the install process.

It did not happen anymore after I got it booting once. So it might have something to do with the install process.

Comment

Does DAEMON tools work well now?

Comment

The tray icon loads and I got an iso image mounted normally.

Comment

That's great

The cause of your problem was SPTD 1.58. Use SPTD 1.60 with DT Lite 4.30.4 untill new DT lite version release.

Comment

Working...
            X