BSOD after reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD after reboot

I just installed Windows 7 on my Laptop. As Daemon Tools worked perfectly on my main computer with Windows 7, i didnt expect Daemon Tools to screw with ma laptop, but it did.

After installing Daemontools (more specific, the sptd driver), i have to restart the computer. On startup, i get a bluescreen with just a "STOP". Booting in safe mode sometimes work, sometimes not (its completely random). If i succeed in booting in safemode, windows tells me the driver is not installed.

Same goes if i set the start-key in the registry to 4 prior to restart. The system boots normaly, but the sptd driver is not reported as installed (wich results in daemontools installing the driver over and over and over again).

I hope you can help me, since i >need< a software to work with images on my laptop (since its my working-laptop).

Greetings,
    Kernle 32DLL

PS: I used boot the 1.58 and 1.60 sptd driver seperately - same result

Did you upgrade to Win 7 or a fresh install?
    Please post the latest minidump (c:\windows\minidump).
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Fresh install: Windows 7 Professional x86bit RTM (English)

On my Main-computer i have the same os, except its a x64bit version. I'll post a minidump as soons as possible.

So long,
      Kernle

Comment

same problem

I got exactly the same problem, I run W7 pro 32-bit, I go for the mini dump next time

Originally Posted by Kernle 32DLL View Post
        I just installed Windows 7 on my Laptop. As Daemon Tools worked perfectly on my main computer with Windows 7, i didnt expect Daemon Tools to screw with ma laptop, but it did.

After installing Daemontools (more specific, the sptd driver), i have to restart the computer. On startup, i get a bluescreen with just a "STOP". Booting in safe mode sometimes work, sometimes not (its completely random). If i succeed in booting in safemode, windows tells me the driver is not installed.

Same goes if i set the start-key in the registry to 4 prior to restart. The system boots normaly, but the sptd driver is not reported as installed (wich results in daemontools installing the driver over and over and over again).

I hope you can help me, since i >need< a software to work with images on my laptop (since its my working-laptop).

Greetings,
        Kernle 32DLL

PS: I used boot the 1.58 and 1.60 sptd driver seperately - same result

Comment

Working...
        X