Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: YASU cloaking - Enter correct DVD error

Frage YASU cloaking - Enter correct DVD error

Hi there!
    I've recently installed Battle for Middle Earth II onto my system again via a .iso of the DVD. I have lost my copy of the actual DVD put have recovered my CD key from Electronic Arts (EA).

I mounted the image with Daemon Tools Pro and the game installed fine, however when I tried to run the game I got the error message "Please insert the correct DVD."

A friend suggested I use a crack to bypass the need for the DVD which worked but it also altered the game version which gave version mismatch errors when I tried to join an online game.

So I removed the crack and tried the YASU tool but I still, however, get the same error message, "please insert the correct DVD."

Is there something I can do about this or will I have to buy another copy of the game?

Would making a new image of the original .iso I used to install the game make any difference, by using one of the many image creator 'profiles' DTPro has?

I've also heard of programs such as A-Ray to detect the kind of protection or blacklisting a program uses... Would knowing any of this help in my situation?

Sorry for all the questions... I'm a little baffled by all this if I'm honest.

Thanks in advance for any reply
    ShandyMan

Experienced User

iso is useless for copy protected disks, it can't store the sector timing information etc..

you would need to remake the image mds/mdf format, with alcohol or daemon and then try it..
    my views are 100% personal views..

Can I make those from the .iso?

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

No, you can't.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Ok. Thanks for the help... Just bought another copy which was only £9.99 so it's not all bad.

Experienced User

well, from that one you bought (presuming it was original) , then you should be able to make an image from it and it should hopefully work...
    my views are 100% personal views..