Trojan detected in DTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan detected in DTL

McAfee Virusscan Enterprise detects a false positive with dtlite.exe.

I escalated the case to McAfee and awaiting answer soon (hopefully a new dat file).

Trojan detected in DTL

I downloaded DTL off this site, and when I ran the installation my anti-virus software (mcafee on-access) came up saying that

"C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"

is a

"Artemis!435F79D364B7"

and deletes it. So I have the files, just not the executable. Any ideas what's wrong?

Comment

McAfee is detecting a false positive, that's all.
      Therefore set it to ignore install folder of DT and wait for an update of McAfee.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Ugh... I've set like 5 different exceptions that should all encompass the .exe file, but it still deletes it every time.

Comment

I'm using kaspersky 9 and nothing found during installation DT Lite, so it's your antvirisu problem I think
          Georgian Translator

Comment

Daemon Tools Lite 4.35 Win7 McAfee

Hi, today I downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite from this page. During the install McAfee Internet Security detected the daemon tools exe-file as "New Poly Win32"-virus and kept it under arrest, so that the installation failed.

I sent the file to McAfee, so that they can fix the detection-file. Has anyone else got this problem.

Comment

Originally Posted by gitslaughingman View Post
              Hi, today I downloaded the latest version of daemon tools lite from this page. During the install McAfee Internet Security detected the daemon tools exe-file as "New Poly Win32"-virus and kept it under arrest, so that the installation failed.

I sent the file to McAfee, so that they can fix the detection-file. Has anyone else got this problem.
              you ar't firs who have same problem, I can say for sure there is't virus. it's your antivirus problem
              Georgian Translator

Comment

McAfee confirmed the false positive.
                DAT file version 5788 doesn't detect the threat anymore, all fine now...

Comment

If you rename the dtlite.exe to daemon.exe (to ensure compatibility with yasu), daemon.exe is still recognized as trojan.

This is solved with DAT 5789.

Comment

DTLITE 4.35 = VIRUS

I've just downloaded the new version for Windows Seven and McAfee detects DTLite.exe as a virus (New Poly Win32)

See attachement
                    Attached Files

Comment

@Arkha
                      Which virus databases do you have installed?

I scanned it with several AVs and McAfee didn't complain:
                      Virustotal. MD5: 415cacb0ced393bd6949577397fab023 (Suspicious) - DNAScan Win32.NewPoly Packer.Win32.UnkPacker.a
                      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                      Peace Through Power

Comment

dont think its a problem with his antivirus im running avg internet security suite and got same thing. reports it as New Poly virus or variant , its being picked up by the identity protection portion of the antivirus software

Comment

Working...
                        X