how to extract ISO files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to extract ISO files

What is I had a game that I installed in two computers and want to be able to play them on two different computers at the same time.

How would I be able to extract the file that I need to put onto Daemon Tools from the Game CD/DVD?

you can creat your game image using DT Lite 4.35 or enter My computer check which Drive is virtual and click right mouse > Open and then copy content
    Georgian Translator

Comment

so..

go to My Computer. Right-click on the drive that the Game is in. Open the file. and copy all contents?
      Cant I just extract some ISO file and place that on Daemon?

Comment

Originally Posted by dropArtwork View Post
        so..

go to My Computer. Right-click on the drive that the Game is in. Open the file. and copy all contents?
        Cant I just extract some ISO file and place that on Daemon?
        As sikvdila said - you can create an image using dt lite which is easily done by popping up the panel an selecting disc imaging icon and clicking start. Provided this is not a game with copyright protection on it there should be no problem.
        Never cross a bridge until you come to it

Comment

Im pretty sure Sims 3 has some gnarly copyright protection right?

will DT Lite work on Sims 3?
          or can I just download the file somewhere?

Comment

Download which file?
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

the .iso file that i need to put in the virtual drive.

i am not at home yet and i have not tried making an image using Daemon yet, idk if its copyright protected. If it is, wouldnt i be able to download the file that i need to put into the virtual drive anywhere? if so, where?

Comment

Originally Posted by dropArtwork View Post
                Im pretty sure Sims 3 has some gnarly copyright protection right?

will DT Lite work on Sims 3?
                or can I just download the file somewhere?
                The Sims 3 uses securom copy protection. If you create an image using DT lite you should be able 2 install the game from the image but not much more. If however you have dt pro(you can use trail version for this purpose) you can create an image using the securom profile and perhaps hide the disc(the mounted image) with the latest YASU and you will be able 2 play the game without inserting the original disc.

Comment

@dropArtwork
                  If you're talking about a mini image search the usual places.
                  Downloading full images of course isn't legal - no matter whether you own the original disc.

Creating a simple ISO does not work for Sims 3.
                  You need to create an image in MDS format.

@Qwynbleid
                  Sims 3 isn't protected with SecuROM; only a leaked (?) preview version was protected with SecuROM.
                  It uses a simple disc type check.
                  Last edited by Terramex; 05.11.2009, 13:02.
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

the multi 3 version yes but the multi 16 uses afaik SR7+PA

Comment

@moonie
                      Google for Sims 3 no Securom ...and take into account that the CP info at GCW just hasn't been corrected/updated
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Incorrect game database

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                        @dropArtwork
                        If you're talking about a mini image search the usual places.
                        Downloading full images of course isn't legal - no matter whether you own the original disc.

Creating a simple ISO does not work for Sims 3.
                        You need to create an image in MDS format.

@Qwynbleid
                        Sims 3 isn't protected with SecuROM; only a leaked (?) preview version was protected with SecuROM.
                        It uses a simple disc type check.
                        Thanks for the correction. I don't own the sims 3 thou and that was the protection the game database said it had so perhaps the database should be corrected?

Comment

Originally Posted by Qwynbleid View Post
                          ...and that was the protection the game database said it had so perhaps the database should be corrected?
                          Oops still wrong in the database.
                          I've informed the responsible person to correct that long ago, but it seems he missed/forgot that.

Comment

Fixed Terramex, i thought i already fixed it when you informed me, but it seems i forgot
                            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                            Peace Through Power

Comment

Thank you all for your help.
                              Now, How exactly do I create an image in MDS format?
                              Do I NEED Daemon Pro?

Comment

Working...
                              X