YASU 1.6.9.9040 not compatible with DT 4.35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YASU 1.6.9.9040 not compatible with DT 4.35

YASU 1.6.9 couldn't detect Daemon Tools 4.35 because of main program file change (DT changed from daemon.exe to DTLite.exe)

simply change the name of the DtLite executable to daemon.exe or dtpro.exe (i made a copy of the file and i use the original exe for autostart and renamed daemon.exe for YASU)

Comment

I created a hard link to DTLite.exe called DTpro.exe by doing MKLINK /H "path to DT folder\DTpro.exe" "path to DT folder\DTLite.exe"

Comment

How is a hard link in this situation more advantageous than a symlink?

Comment

The hardlink exists - there is no symlink under Windows.
          Upgrade your programs:
          DaemonTools --- SPTD --- YASU --- PID

Comment

YASU fix on Windows XP

Originally Posted by DTuserW7 View Post
            I created a hard link to DTLite.exe called DTpro.exe by doing MKLINK /H "path to DT folder\DTpro.exe" "path to DT folder\DTLite.exe"
            I think this applies only on Windows Vista and newer. On Windows XP you can use:
            Code:
            fsutil hardlink create "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\daemon.exe" "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe"
            for DTLite. For default installation folder you can simply copy and paste above command into Start->Run... and execute. Remember that hard link will not work on FAT partition!

Comment

simply change the name of the DtLite executable to daemon.exe or dtpro.exe (i made a copy of the file and i use the original exe for autostart and renamed daemon.exe for YASU)

This don't work for me the same error message as in OP

Comment

Originally Posted by DTuserW7 View Post
                I tried renaming the file, and that didn't work, my only problem currently is that I can't find out how to create a Hard Link. Anyone willing to give me a little walk-through please?

Comment

Why so complicated?

Just create a copy of DTLite.exe with the name 'DTPro.exe' and your problem will be gone.

Of course Yasu needs to be in this directory too.
                  Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Originally Posted by ..::shiFt::.. View Post
                    Why so complicated?

Just create a copy of DTLite.exe with the name 'DTPro.exe' and your problem will be gone.

Of course Yasu needs to be in this directory too.
                    I also attempted that, when just renaming the file didn't work, and I still got the error message, that's why I thought making a Hard Link would help the issue.

Comment

I said 'copy', not renaming it.
                      Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Exactly, that's why I said 'also', meaning I tried both things and neither worked. I first tried renaming the file, and when that didn't work, I went back and copied DTLite.exe and named it DTPro.exe, which also did nothing to effect the error that it's still giving me.

All I'm asking for is a small walkthrough of creating a Hard Link. I pulled up the Command Prompt, but I couldn't seem to figure out the exactly right string to type in to create said Link.

Comment

If copying does not work for you, Hardlinking wont work either!

You need to have both DTLite.exe, DTPro.exe and YASU.exe in the DeamonTools directory and you need to start YASU from there (so that it's working directory is the DT directory).

It will work if you follow these steps.
                          Upgrade your programs:

Comment

Rename

DTLite 4.35.5.0068
                            Y.A.S.U 1.6.9040

Was getting the cannot locate daemon.exe or dtpro.exe.

I had to rename DTLite.exe to Daemon.exe for YASU to recognize. Dont forget to edit your Shortcuts and startmenu links after doing so.

Comment

It's doesn't work for me either.

I did this:
                              1. Copy DTlite.exe
                              2. Rename the copy to "daemon.exe"
                              3. Run Yasu.exe in the same directory as Daemon Tools

I even tried the same but renaming to "DTpro.exe". And I finally tried the hardlink.

But Yasu is still saying that it can't find the "unable to locate the file daemon.exe or dtpro.exe blah blah blah".

I have daemon tools lite 4.355.0068 and YASU 1.6.9040

What can I do?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X