Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Security software solutions

Comment

OKEY, it's working, but I'm not sure that is good idea to disable this security setting of ZoneAlarm software. Is there any other ways?

P.S. After launch of DT I enabled this setting and DT is working (at least for now).

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
        OS upgrade screws SPTD configuration.
        Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
        and change Start to 4, then reboot.
        After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
        Now re-install.
        It actually worked for me! thnx!
        Helps seldom works for me so I had to register to this forum just to say this :P

Comment

Same here!! Thanks!!

Comment

I have the same problem, I'm not going to screw around with my registry to get it to work. I wish they would have let you know that Lite is a piece of dung and wouldn't work with Windows 7.

Comment

You are wrong, it is working fine with Windows 7.

If your security software is blocking something or you upgraded from an existing Windows install to Windows 7 without removing SPTD and then reinstalling is not the software's fault.
              Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
              Peace Through Power

Comment

as suggested by a previous poster, the only solution to this problem when it is being caused by ZoneAlarm (here is a couple of slow steps for the uneducated in windows 7, CTRL-ALT-DEL, Start Task Manager, "Forcefield.exe"...), and the simplest way to get daemon tools to work is to UNINSTALL your firewall (or stop the appropriate services).

Resetting that registry key has NOTHING to do with this firewall conflict, thanks jackers.

I'm more interested in knowing the reason behind the conflict, I assume that the firewall is detecting something shady about the virtual driver. Or is it the other way round?

What does Daemon have to say on that?

Comment

What if I don't have sptd in my services ? What does this mean ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Blazkowicz;120832]@subnero
                    Please answer question in post #3
                    i have window xp and window 7 RAM 2GB and in both when i mount a iso file using dt ,it says WINDOWS CANNOT READ FROM THE DISC.THE DISC MIGHT BE CORRUPTED,OR IT COULD BE USING A FORMAT THAT IS NOT COMPATIABLE WITH WINDOWS.
                    can u help?

Comment

Is your problem reproducible for all ISO's or for exact one?

Comment

Working...
                      X