Asking for SPTD 1.60???? Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by mirana_vsa View Post
    i had the same problem with windows 7 and i just unistall my current deamon tools and download this with sptd 1.62 and worked

Disk-Tools.com - Published Software Download

i hope helped
    I have the same error message. Tried downloading that, but it didn't help. OS: Upgraded to Windows 7, Antivirus: Norton 360. I tried the regedit, but am not sure how to do the second part : "After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
    Now re-install." Thanks.

Comment

I have Windows XP. I'm getting the same message. I do not use Threatfire.

I downloaded DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 (with SPTD 1.62).
      I installed on a computer that has not had Daemon Tools before.
      First reboot after installation it worked and the tasktray icon loaded.
      The next start up and since I got the message.

Seeing the comment about anti-viruses I disabled Avira services (the only AV I'm running) in MSconfig. On the next reboot DT loaded. I went back to Normal Startup and DT has loaded again.

Not clear on what the cause could be.

Comment

@SKARD
        Try the guide posted here and follow every step regarding SPTD.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

After a few more start ups it stopped loading again. Followed those instructions, no luck. I got a message that some changes couldn't be made at each step. I had to reboot and try again to succeed.

While installing I got a notification that ForceField had crashed. Now I've uninstalled Avira and ZoneAlarm. This is strange because I have all three programs installed on a another computer with no problems. So why are there problems on this one?

Comment

ForceField is also known to cause problem.s
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Okay... Thing is I'm able to run these programs together on another computer. All same version and settings. Why am I running into problems on this one?

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                OS upgrade screws SPTD configuration.
                Delete Daemon Tools installation folder, disable SPTD in registry, i.e. open regedit, go to
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
                and change Start to 4, then reboot.
                After reboot enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, then delete entire sptd key, and reboot again.
                Now re-install.
                can someone give a more understandable explanation for people who haven't used regedit before? cheers.

Comment

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems
                  Peace Through Power

Comment

I have been jumping through these hoops all afternoon to get DT installed with no luck. Yes I was able to delete the SPTD keys etc.

but It wasn't until I deleted ZONEALARM 9.1 that I was able to install DT.

This admins tip about forcefield getting in the way was correct.

DL Lite successfully installed on Win 7 x86. by removing Zonealarm.

Problem Solved.

Comment

Managed to run Daemon tools by following the instructions on Blaskowicz' link but now everytime I mount an image or play a game using the disc it run's for about 30-60mins and then without warning suddenly shuts down. Any ideas?

Comment

Try this solution

Error: Debugging Isn't Possible Because a Kernel Debugger is Enabled on the System

Comment

Running Windows 7 Home Premium - Upgraded from Vista Home Premium
                          No virus software

I followed the instructions to fully delete the sptd key, then rebooted, checked, and the sptd key was completely gone under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I rebooted again, and then reinstalled DT Pro, and still got the same exact message.

any other thoughts?

thanks in advance.

-e

Comment

Im new to all of this. I received the same message. Im running XP. Please help!

Comment

Follow this guide to reinstall DT/SPTD - DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems

Comment

WinXP Pro SP3
                                ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 9.1.008
                                NOD32 Antivirus 4.2.35
                                Daemon Tools Lite 4.35.5.68
                                SPTD 1.62

FROM THE BEGINNING

Normal Mode:
                                "Internal setup error. Error code: 14. Contact support."

Safe Mode:
                                Successfully installed DT

Normal Mode:
                                "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugged must be deactivated"

Uninstalled antivirus:
                                DT worked without any problems.

Antivirus installed again:
                                "This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 or higher. Kernel debugged must be deactivated"

Uninstalling, reinstalling DT, separate installation of SPTD, registry modifications, disabling security software etc.:
                                Useless stuff!

Any Ideas?...

Comment

Working...
                                X