"The Device is not ready"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Device is not ready"

I have been getting this problem with almost all of my disk images. I mount them, the program begins to install, it gets to a certain percentage and i get a message saying the installation could not be completed because "The device is not ready"
    Nothing has really been changed in terms of system configuration, no hardware added or removed. I've tried uninstalling Daemon tools and reinstalling it twice now and I'm still getting the same error.
    I'm running windows 7 with v4.35 of Dtools lite

Is the image still mounted?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Funny enough the image seems to unmount itself during installation, but not from daemon tools. Dtools shows the image as still being mounted but windows doesn't

Comment

Try to press on Load in DT.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

I'm not seeing an option "Load"
          From the menu i can see
          Mount'n'Drive manager
          Disc Imaging
          Virtual Devices
          Preferences
          Recently used Images
          Buy Now
          Help and
          Exit

Comment

It is under the virtual drive.
            Peace Through Power

Comment

I tried pressing it but nothing happened, both before and after the error message

Comment

So where are the images located?
                Peace Through Power

Comment

The Downloads folder in the My Documents folder. Internal HDD

Comment

I have the same problem ,

Running Windows XP SP2
                    Dameon Tools 4.30.4.0027
                    SPTD 1.58

Along with the drive disapearing in windows I am getting these errors in the system event log

An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom1 during a paging operation.

The description for Event ID ( 9 ) in Source ( a14nishb ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: \Device\Scsi\a14nishb1.

Comment

I am also having this problem, although it seems this thread is dead without a resolution. I'm running Vista SP2, with DaemonTools 4.35.5.0068. I am trying to install Empire Earth: Art of Conquest, and it gets to 82%, the quits, and says "Device is not ready." In My Computer, the virtual drive is listed as being empty, and reacts as such when you try to interact with anything in the image, saying "Please insert a disc into Drive E:\" or somesuch. When I got into the Mount 'n' Drive manager, it's still listed as being mounted. This is frustrating. It just seems to unmount itself for some reason.

Comment

Do you have such problem during installation from original disc?

Comment

Working...
                        X