No announcement yet.

Windows 7 Kernel debugger Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had it enabled. Even now, just started up my computer, it's set to Disabled.

Comment

So you disabled it through the setting which requires a reboot?
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

Which option? I disabled it in the menu that pops up when right clicking the icon in the taskbar. I can't remember if it asked me to reboot, but this was a while ago, it's been disabled through many restarts and shut downs.

But I could check the option that you're talking about if it's not the right click menu, just in case.

Comment

So, could you tell me which specific setting you mean, please?

Comment

Defense+ tab -> Defense+ Settings -> Check "Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart) -> Reboot
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

That fixed the problem right away! Thanks so much, damn Comodo and its lies. Won't be trusting that little pop-up menu anymore.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
                If you upgraded OS with SPTD active, it probably screwed the SPTD configuration, so un-install Daemon Tools (if it fails, just delete the installation folder),
                open registry editor (run regedit), go to
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
                and change "Start" value to 4, then reboot.
                After reboot open registry editor again, and enable all permissions of sptd\cfg key (right-click on sptd\cfg -> select Permissions), then delete entire sptd key and reboot again.
                Now re-install.
                I have changed the start value to 4 and rebooted. When I open sptd there is no cfg folder just a enum folder. I have changed permissions in the sptd folder. When you say delete the entire sptd key do you mean delete the sptd folder with enum? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X