DT 4.3.55 & Windows 7 - Can't Add Virtual Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by nickoz5 View Post
    I'm having the same problems with latest DT on a HP Z600 with win7 x64, reporting a "unable to add adapter". A solution for this would be MUCH appreciated!
    I also have a HP Z600 running a fresh install of Win7 x64 with only a couple apps installed. I've been through the recommended troubleshooting tips. The SPTD install goes fine. SPTD is detected/recognized when restarting the installer. The DTLite install goes fine. It isn't until DTLite is launched, or started upon reboot that the "unable to add adapter" error occurs. If I go to Virtual Devices, Add SCSI Virtual Device, a popup says "SCSI adapter has to be enabled to add virtual device. Do you want to continue?". I choose "OK". There is an "Adding virtual device" message in the background. An "Unable to add adapter." message appears. I click "OK to dismiss. A few seconds later, a second "Unable to add adapter." message occurs. I click "OK" to dismiss. Then the "Adding virtual device" message in the background disappears. Still doesn't work. Please let us know if you need any additional information to help us resolve this problem.

Comment

i got the same problem on my fts m470 workstation =>

my hardware platform is a fujitsu d2778 mainboard with Intel Xeon-Prozessor X5560 and X58 Express, Intel 82801JR*ICH10R

I tried also all regestry steps, uninstallation / reinstallation of dt, sptd and also various os types.

Comment

seriously, is this issue being completely ignored?
        can we please get some info; is a fix being investigated? its obviously related to the hardware on the HP Z-series workstations and similiar PCs, is it that hard to isolate?

Comment

Looking at the HP Support & Drivers section there are several tools for the Z workstations:
          HP Performance Tuning Framework, HP System Software Manager, HP Client Management Interface,
          LSI Logic MegaRAID Storage Manager & Intel Matrix Storage Manager Utility.

Maybe it's worth a try to temporarily deactivate (or even uninstall) those tools to check whether there's a conflict with one of them.

@nickoz5
          Have you already used the contact form as suggested in Post #4 ?
          Did you also contact the HP support ? "Perhaps" the problem is more on their side.
          At least it's easier for them to have a look at the issue than for the DT support team to acquire a HP workstation
          Last edited by Terramex; 14.07.2015, 11:52.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            Looking at the HP Support & Drivers section there are several tools for the Z workstations:
            HP Performance Tuning Framework, HP System Software Manager, HP Client Management Interface,
            LSI Logic MegaRAID Storage Manager & Intel Matrix Storage Manager Utility.

Maybe it's worth a try to temporarily deactivate (or even uninstall) those tools to check whether there's a conflict with one of them.

@nickoz5
            Have you already used the contact form as suggested in Post #4 ?
            Did you also contact the HP support ? "Perhaps" the problem is more one their side.
            At least it's easier for them to have a look at the issue than for the DT support team to acquire a HP workstation
            Thank you for the suggestions...

Firstly, I have a completely clean install of Windows 7 on my machine. No drivers/tools were installed from the HP support site at all.
            I will try contacting HP support to see if they have any ideas on this too. If I can get any help from them I will post it here.

Also, I noticed while looking at the device manager while loading daemon tools (while its adding the virtual device) that the IDE controller it adds ('A0DCN44N IDE Controller') has a code 12 error: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12). The 'unable to add adapter. insufficient privileges' message box then appears, and the device is removed. Does this give any clues? I'm guessing it coule be an IRQ, I/O or DMA conflict issue causing the adapter not to load?

Comment

Originally Posted by nickoz5 View Post
              Firstly, I have a completely clean install of Windows 7 on my machine. No drivers/tools were installed from the HP support site at all.
              As the only non-HP specific tool: what about Intel Matrix Storage Driver/Manager ?
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                As the only non-HP specific tool: what about Intel Matrix Storage Driver/Manager ?
                Nope, didnt install that either since I'm not running a RAID configuration at the moment (just using two 136GB SAS 15K HDDs separately).

Comment

same issue

I have a brand new HP 600, with no HP utilities or managers installed, and getting the same message above. I've been using daemon tools for years on many different machines. I can't figure this one out. I've tried uninstalling, etc.

i see you are all having problems. I hope this is being looking into.

Comment

I am having the same problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad, running windows 7 64 bit.

Comment

Reply from support;

Now, we have several reports from our users who uses HP Z-series about the same problem, so this problem became known issue.
                      We forwarded all information to our devs. They are investigating the problem.
                      We will contact you as soon as we find the solution.
                      Sorry for any inconveniences.

Comment

Hi
                        please, look here

So, we just need to wait for the new SPTD version.
                        Welcome to the dark side, my dear padavan. We have cookies

Comment

Originally Posted by tsaber View Post
                          I am having the same problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad, running windows 7 64 bit.
                          same here on my T410 64 bit and I can't seem to figure it out. I installed alcohol 120% and see if I can create a virtual drive, it also run into the same problem: unable to add adapter, ACPI function must not be disabled. This SUCK!

Comment

DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Registry and SPTD problems

Comment

already went through that and nothing work.

Comment

Did you try to disable/uninstall your security software? What exactly do you use?

Comment

Working...
                                X