DT 4.3.55 & Windows 7 - Can't Add Virtual Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 4.3.55 & Windows 7 - Can't Add Virtual Drive

I have tried to install the latest version of DaemonTools on to a new Windows 7 Ultimate x64 system. I had nothing but problems trying to get SPTD to install properly. After numerous Google's, I found enough information about the problem that I was able to install SPTD by itself. After rebooting, I attempted to install DT again. Installation appears to have completed succesfully, however, I still cannot get a virtual device to be added.

When I click to add a new virtual drive, I see a AXXXXX IDE Controller showing up in Device Manager after clicking OK to SCSI adapter has to be enabled dialog. I then see DT saying it is "Adding Virtual Device". I then get "Unable to add adapter" error message followed by "Unable to unmount image" error message. Once I have clicked OK, the IDE Controller disappears from Device Manager.

What the heck is going on? I have used Daemon Tools for years and never had these types of issues. Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance! Cheers...

Cary

You already tried that DAEMON Tools Professional Help: Unable to add adapter ?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Yes. That is what sent me down the road of figuring out SPTD. After reviewing some posts on the SPDT authors site, I was finally able to get SPDT x64 v1.62 installed correctly. Or, at least it acted like it was installed correctly. I then performed an installation of DT and it also acted like SPDT was installed fine.

As for the ACPI setting in BIOS, I have an HP Z400 workstation and I don't see a specific setting to 'enable' ACPI. I do see options for ACPI S3 Hard Disk Reset and ACPI S3 PS2 Mouse Wake Up. Is this what you are referring to? If so, it didn't work either.

Any other thoughts? Thanks for the reply!!!

Cheers...

Cary

Comment

Nope, that isn't the option.

Please use contact form, describe your problem there and a link to this thread, thank you.

If the support guys helped you successfully, please post the solution here - other uses may have the same problem.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Nope, that isn't the option.

Please use contact form, describe your problem there and a link to this thread, thank you.

If the support guys helped you successfully, please post the solution here - other uses may have the same problem.
          Will do!

Thanks! Cheers...

Comment

Response is a little slow, so I decided to try DT Pro and see if there was any difference. Well, there is! I get a different error message. ARGH! I now get "Unable to add adapter. Device Problem 12".

Now, being the way I am, I did a query on DT's help site and it doesn't find anything having to do with the above error. Any thoughts???

Frustration is setting in!

Cheers...

Comment

What is it saying in Device Manager -> Computer?
              Peace Through Power

Comment

What is it saying in Device Manager -> Computer?
                ACPI x64-based PC

Comment

Are you sure you completely removed SPTD node in Registry Editor during uninstallation?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                    Are you sure you completely removed SPTD node in Registry Editor during uninstallation?
                    Due to problems with installation of SPTD during DT"s install, I have installed SPTD separately. It was the only way I could get it to "stick". So, when I perform an install or uninstall, only DT is being add or removed.

Cheers...

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem on Windows 7 x64, and Windows XP x64, using HP Z600 & Z800 PCs.. So I wonder if it's a BIOS thing on the HP's Z-series...?

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem with a HP Z400... I have try to install DT on 7 Pro image on VirtualBox and It works perfectly...
                        I suspect the HP Z400 BIOS too...

Comment

Originally Posted by jc762 View Post
                          Hi,

I have the same problem with a HP Z400... I have try to install DT on 7 Pro image on VirtualBox and It works perfectly...
                          I suspect the HP Z400 BIOS too...
                          Exactly the same problem with the same commputer for me !!

Comment

Any updates on this problem??

Comment

I'm having the same problems with latest DT on a HP Z600 with win7 x64, reporting a "unable to add adapter". A solution for this would be MUCH appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X