This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    I'm not talking about disabling, I'm talking about uninstalling through control panel.
    I understand now and did un-install through CP. Now the program runs and asks me to activate. I supplied the code I received and the program indicates successful activation, but nothing happens. There is nothing in the systray and the gadget still says there is an initialization error. Every time I run the program it asks me to activate again. I have completely shut down ZA just to see if that makes a difference and doesn't appear to. Thoughts??

Comment

Please send a message with the problem and a link to this thread, thank you.
      Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
      Peace Through Power

Comment

I have another computer with McAfee Security Center, and it says that the DTLite.exe is a virus (detection name "New Poly Win32") and quarantines it. The only around it is if I restore the file then disable Anti-Virus protection.

Comment

Do you have the latest McAfee database?

Comment

I checked to make sure and it's not, sorry about that. It's not my computer but another family members. Here's some pictures, the signatures are out of date and the program needs to be renewed to get further updates. The person got the program along with the computer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              Comodo Internet Security 2011's Defense+ is interfering with DT. Therefore you have to deactivate the service completely and reboot.
              Is this just for the purpose of installing? I disabled it to install, but if I re-enable it, will I get headaches when I try to use DT Lite?

Thanks so much!

Oh yeah, any known issues with Avast 5.0.677 (current)?

Thanks again!

Comment

You just would get a nag.
                Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Comodo Firewall got problem.

Comment

Comodo Premium Internet Security (AV+Firewall) [CIS free] caused BIG headaches - see my replies on another thread. I think it is the AV rather than the Firewall that is causing the problems. These suddenly appeared after after recent update by Comodo. Even uninstalling Comodo did not fix the problem - I had to use System restore to go back to a point before the update.

Comment

Is not a problem, i posted fix somewhere in the forum before.

1- Install it normally
                      2- Go to Comodo, Defense +, Defense + Configuration.
                      3- Go to execution control tab, and click into "Exclusions/Exclude button", add DT Folder (for example, C:\Program files\Daemon Tools Pro).

It should work perfectly now.

Comment

daemontools.hu

Microsoft security essential warning: this trojan

Legfrissebb Daemon Tools Letöltése magyarul ! | DaemonTools.hu
                        (DTLite4451-0243.exe)

Hungarian page its fake???

Comment

Originally Posted by PowerPista View Post
                          Microsoft security essential warning: this trojan

Legfrissebb Daemon Tools Letöltése magyarul ! | DaemonTools.hu
                          (DTLite4451-0243.exe)

Hungarian page its fake???
                          This site is not related to our company or our partners. Please use DAEMON-Tools.cc.

Comment

I got DT Lite 4.49.1 a few days ago and my Windows 8.1 laptop is now stuck in a BSOD boot loop. I had IOBit Malware Fighter Pro on there, as well as Windows Defender.

Comment

If you can't access the registry in Windows please download and boot with Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10, open its Registry Editor.
                              Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\services\s ptd, and double-click the DWORD value named 'Start' on the right.
                              Now change the 'Value data' to 4 to disable SPTD; press OK and reboot.
                              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                              X