Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 breaks Acronis 10 backup/restore ability

Ausrufezeichen DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 breaks Acronis 10 backup/restore ability

Hi,

I'm an advanced user and I have an issue where DAEMON Tools Lite v4.35.5 will break my ability to backup and restore ability using Acronis Backup and Recovery 10. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate which is up to date with all of the Windows updates. I assume it is a driver issue, but I'm beating my head against the wall trying to figure out for sure. Here is what I do know...

Installed Acronis 10 and made a incremental backup, installed Deamon Tools Lite, Acronis can't connect to the Managed Machine Service. Can't run an incremental backup, can't restore files, can't run a full backup, etc. Interestingly the MMS service is running and shows in task manager. Removed Daemon Tools lite and Acronis instantly began to work even without a reboot. I removed Acronis, and Daemon Tools in preparation of troubleshooting. Installed Daemon Tools, then Acronis same result as before.

I can’t seem to get Daemon Tools to report any errors, as it isn’t broken I guess it shouldn’t… Acronis basically just keeps telling me to reinstall Acronis, but I know it is an issue with Daemon Tools that is breaking Acronis. It seems like as soon as the virtual drive disappears the problem is resolved, so I assume it is that driver that is the issue. What can I do about this? I love Daemon Tools… but I can’t survive without Acronis either..

Below are the error messages in Windows Application Eventlog

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 12/24/2009 2:30:57 PM
    Event ID: 7031
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: OEM-PC

The Acronis Managed Machine Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    ---------------------------------------

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 12/24/2009 2:30:55 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: OEM-PC

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms.exe

Below are the messages that Acronis is reporting directly

Type: Error
    Date and time: 10/21/2009 1:58:06 PM
    Backup plan: Backup 10/20/2009 3:07:15 PM
    Task: Incremental backup
    Code: 14,286,850(0xDA0002)
    Module: 218
    Owner: Acronis Agent User 2
    Failed to run the backup and recovery engine.
    Additional info:
    Error code: 2
    LineInfo: 600f7166ce397ef2
    Fields: $module : C:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms.exe

Type: Error
    Date and time: 10/21/2009 1:58:06 PM
    Backup plan: Backup 10/20/2009 3:07:15 PM
    Task: Incremental backup
    Code: 11,863,304(0xB50508)
    Module: 181
    Owner: Acronis Agent User 2
    Task 'Incremental backup' failed: 'Failed to run the backup and recovery engine.
    Additional info:
    Error code: 2
    LineInfo: 600f7166ce397ef2
    Fields: $module : C:\Program Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\mms.exe

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Please try DT Pro, it has newer code.

Also SPTD was never uninstalled?
    Which exact version of Acronis 10?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Hi Blazkowicz, I uninstalled the Daemon Tools package which I assume automatically removed the SPTD, as I cannot find a program directly left behind. I'm afraid I don't know much about SPTD. I am using Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 Workstation. There are several versions of Acronis backup and Recovery 10 Workstation one is advanced, and another includes Universal Restore but I do not own those versions/options.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

OK, so SPTD is still active during these tests (you need a seperate setup to uninstall it).
    Peace Through Power

I think I need to know what SPTD is, as I'm assuming that is the driver emulation package? I was planning on doing your first suggestion by installing DT Pro as a test, but I need to rebuild a backup archive first.

Once it is finished and verified do you want to try DT Pro trial, or DT Lite without the SPTD?

I guess what I'm confused about is DL LIte is just an EXE so I'm not entirely sure what or how I can use another SPTD without trying a completely different package. Like when I was testing having removed Daemon Tools by uninstalling, it did/had to remove the SPTD, correct? I mean, if the SPTD was to blame it appears it was removed and is the reason why Acronis just started to work.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

SPTD is an access driver without DT doesn't work at all.

So try DT Pro please.
    Peace Through Power