No announcement yet.

How to make Rainbow6 Vegas 2 Emu image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make Rainbow6 Vegas 2 Emu image?

it's safe disk protected, and is there a way to make a Emulation image of the game?

Sure, just select SafeDisc profile in DT Pro Image Creation.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Sure, just select SafeDisc profile in DT Pro Image Creation.
      Firstly thanks for your quick reply.
      Secondly I created a safedisk profiled MDS/MDF image, and loaded in SCSI and later in IDE emu-drive of the latest DT PRO, but neither works

further instruction is very much appreciated.

Comment

You maybe need to cloak your virtual drive(s) with YASU 1.6.9040.

But first try to disable the SCSI Adapter in Tools/Virtual Device manager; reboot before trying again in vIDE.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

thank you very much. After I disabled vSCSI and added vIDE, and rebooted my PC. It works now.

By the way, which image format do you recommend to make a safedisk protected game image,anyway I chose MDS/MDF. What about MDX?

another thing, when I tried to read R6Vegas 2 DVD with the latest BlindWrite 6.3.1.6 to make an image, it refused me to read even a byte from the DVD, something is wrong?

Comment

by the way, can I make my emu DVD image a mini one? I tried to convert my emu image with these options below, but no luck

Compress image file
            start sector 50
            start sector 100
            start sector 1024
            start sector 10240
            start sector 102400

Comment

@hugeimg
              Unfortunately working Mini images can't be created anymore since Safedisc version 4.7.
              Some reference in this thread.
              I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

ok, and thank you again. And what about the issues about MDX and BW from my earlier post?

Comment

A discussion about BW issues would better fit in the manufacturer's forum - namely the VSO forum
                  I only remember that there were a few issue where Safedisc DVD could not be read correctly with BW - IIRC e.g. Command & Conquer The First Decade.
                  Normally you just choose the Automatic profile in BW and it should read a proper image.

In terms of capability there is no difference between MDS/MDF and MDX.
                  Only difference is that the first format has 2 files, and the second only 1 - helps to avoid mixing up as people often try to mount the MDF instead of the MDS.

Comment

thank you very much, it helps a lot!

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                      You maybe need to cloak your virtual drive(s) with YASU 1.6.9040. Vegas Shows

But first try to disable the SCSI Adapter in Tools/Virtual Device manager; reboot before trying again in vIDE.
                      Thanks for the responses everyone. I was having the same problem till I disabled the SCSI Adapter so I'm glad I found this thread.

Thanks again,

-Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X