mounting images to physical drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounting images to physical drives?

Is there any chance that we will see the feauter of mounting the image to the actual physical drive? I don't mean the one we create in the DT, but rather the real one, i saw other software with this capability, and it does seem to help with a lot of emulation software detections, cheers-

What software do you mean? Please cite examples.

Comment

i think he means virtual cd 9 (or higher), it has a function to allow the image to be mounted to a real drive, quite simplistic really, rerouting communications from one drive to the other, man in the middle style.. something dt is most likely capable of
      my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

There actually is a Customer-exclusive tool from September 2006 by sYk0.
        Unfortunately its mechanics are no longer enough to avoid blacklistings of all today's protection schemes.
        Also that tool itself got blacklisted shortly after its release.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
          i think he means virtual cd 9 (or higher), it has a function to allow the image to be mounted to a real drive, quite simplistic really, rerouting communications from one drive to the other, man in the middle style.. something dt is most likely capable of
          Is dt really capable of this? I mounted some images in virtualCD to the physical drive and DT Pro to the IDE adapter, while with virtualCD i had no problems DT Pro was detected as emulation software etc, generally speaking i would like to know if there actually is such an option, or would it be possible to implement? Thanks-

Comment

no, what i meant was that dt should be capable of it, essentially all it requires is a hook, and some handling.. i have no idea if the dev's plan to put something like this in, but its how virtual cd does it... thats what i meant
            my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Originally Posted by evlncrn8 View Post
              no, what i meant was that dt should be capable of it, essentially all it requires is a hook, and some handling.. i have no idea if the dev's plan to put something like this in, but its how virtual cd does it... thats what i meant
              ah i see sorry yeah this would be really nice since it does work very well with a lot of protected images etc.

Comment

Seems a very good idea. I, as a customer therefore, would therefore like to request DT Pro developers to consider implementing this feature in near versions .

Comment

I am just wondering if the above proposal has actually been considered by Daemon Tools development team ?

Comment

This feature is planned to be implemented soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X