Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: virtual drive has no letter, isnt shown in windows explorer but in device manager

Default virtual drive has no letter, isnt shown in windows explorer but in device manager

Operating System: win xp home
    Burning Software: alcohol, blindwrite, clonecd
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: tried them all

hi

when i tried to update my d-tools to v3.46 (from 3.33 i think) my virtual drives dont work properly anymore. they are shown in device manager but not in windows explorer. also in the system tray, there is no drive letter and when i try to add one, nothing happens. please help me. the previous version was working fine.

Read this.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

well i read it. i located the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

and there are about 30 of them. is that normal? in some of those HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 are upper filter but no lower filter. shall i delete al those keys?
    i dont have roxio.

thanks for ur reply.

oh yeah and when i install d-tools, it installs those scsi drives. then i am asked for a driver for those scsi drives. i select auto-search as i dont have any idea what drivers that could be. but it doesnt find any drivers.

This means MS catalog files with digital signatures on your PC are broken.
    In the device manager try to force standard driver for virtual CDROM from cdrom.inf that is supplied with OS.
    This problem may be fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling service pack.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

holy shit i could kiss ur ass man!!!! man thanks a lot!!!! i just had to install the drivers : cdrom.sys and cdrom.inf manually (c: windows servicepack )
    now my alcohol drives and d drives work!!!!!!! thank u so much!!!!!!!!
    now one more question:
    are cdrom.sys and cdrom.inf used for every type of drive? because i have a dvd drive that is working ok but system is still asking for a driver. shall do same with it as with vdrives?

thanks again

Administrator

yes, you can try same.

yes, dvd-drive is now shown with full name and all stuff.

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

uhm, same problem... and it seems the link supplied is no longer valid... help me!...

Please :P

link fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast