Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

virtual drive has no letter, isnt shown in windows explorer but in device manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual drive has no letter, isnt shown in windows explorer but in device manager

Operating System: win xp home
    Burning Software: alcohol, blindwrite, clonecd
    Anti-virus Software: norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: tried them all

hi

when i tried to update my d-tools to v3.46 (from 3.33 i think) my virtual drives dont work properly anymore. they are shown in device manager but not in windows explorer. also in the system tray, there is no drive letter and when i try to add one, nothing happens. please help me. the previous version was working fine.

Read this.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

well i read it. i located the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318

and there are about 30 of them. is that normal? in some of those HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 are upper filter but no lower filter. shall i delete al those keys?
      i dont have roxio.

thanks for ur reply.

Comment

oh yeah and when i install d-tools, it installs those scsi drives. then i am asked for a driver for those scsi drives. i select auto-search as i dont have any idea what drivers that could be. but it doesnt find any drivers.

Comment

This means MS catalog files with digital signatures on your PC are broken.
          In the device manager try to force standard driver for virtual CDROM from cdrom.inf that is supplied with OS.
          This problem may be fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling service pack.

Comment

holy shit i could kiss ur ass man!!!! man thanks a lot!!!! i just had to install the drivers : cdrom.sys and cdrom.inf manually (c: windows servicepack )
            now my alcohol drives and d drives work!!!!!!! thank u so much!!!!!!!!
            now one more question:
            are cdrom.sys and cdrom.inf used for every type of drive? because i have a dvd drive that is working ok but system is still asking for a driver. shall do same with it as with vdrives?

thanks again

Comment

yes, you can try same.

Comment

yes, dvd-drive is now shown with full name and all stuff.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP
                  Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom
                  Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus
                  DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

uhm, same problem... and it seems the link supplied is no longer valid... help me!...

Please :P

Comment

link fixed

Comment

hi, im new to daemon tools (dont flame lol) and i am getting this same problem. the link you posted earlier (probs way earlier) does not work anymore. i took the time to search the forum so at least i'm doing the right thing .

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

See the threads entitled "No drive letter(s) assigned to the virtual drive(s), or virtual drive(s) disappear"
                        and
                        "My real cdrom/dvdrom drives are missing" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

ur probably missing the cdrom.inf file...all you have to do is type in cdrom.inf in google search, download the file, and then save it to windows/inf

Comment

Have the same goddamn problem. Didnt quite understand what to do though, since the link is broken again. I had Deamon Tools 3.47 or sumthin which i could use the virtual E: drive , and just downloaded the update (4.3) to get another game working, and now i cant emulate anything.

Help me would ya? Appreciate any suggestions

Comment

Link fixed again, but you could've find it quite easily in the common problems and solutions forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X