Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA10 and Conflict with Emulation Software detected

Hi,

I own a (legal) copy of FIFA10 on PC and have recently bought a HP laptop without an optical drive. I wish to play the game on my laptop without the hassle of buying and carrying an external optical drive.

I installed Daemon Tools Pro (4.35.0308.0131) both on my PC and laptop and YASU (1.6 b9040) on my laptop.

First I created an MDF/MDS image of the game on my PC at Reading speed 6.0x, Profile New SecuROM, and DPM speed 6.0x. I then transferred the two created files (6.48 GB) over my home WLAN to my laptop. After successfully cloaking my virtual IDE drive with YASU, I mounted the image and successfully installed the game on my laptop. Once installed, I attempted to run the game by double-clicking the virtual IDE drive in My Computer but I receive a "Conflict with Emulation Software detected." error. Clicking on "Launch Analysis" produces the following prompt. I have tried to view the resulting log but it is encrypted.

After following some advice in similar threads on this forum, I have recreated the image at a slower DPM speed 4.0x but this has also produced the error prompt. The only other DPM speed I can try is 8.0x but I assume that a faster speed would be counter-productive.

Is there anything else I can try or is this the end of the road for me?

Any help is appreciated.

Phaete

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional (32-bit)
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P9300 @ 2.26GHz
    RAM: 2.00GB
    HDD: 320GB

Unfortunately SecuROM 7.40+ does only work for few with YASU/ACID:

But if you like you can try DTE 3.1.19.0.
    Personally i don't recommend it as usage & stability IMO aren't satisfying yet.
    Not to mention that you need to install another driver.
    Please note that the drive letter of the vUSB needs to be lower than the vIDE letter.

Originally Posted by Phaete View Post
    The only other DPM speed I can try is 8.0x but I assume that a faster speed would be counter-productive.
    Generally max. DPM speed is recommended for DVDs. Contrary scenario for CDs.
    Last edited by Terramex; 13.02.2010, 12:02.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Generally max. DPM speed is recommended for DVDs. Contrary scenario for CDs.
      not all generalize :P

i need to dump "starforce 3" DVDs with minium speed (DPM) and have to wait 3 hours ^^ (choose a higher speed will freeze the disc detection)

Comment

@moonie
        The exception proves the rule
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks Terramex for the advice. I've read that thread you link and have surrendered to being patient for updates!

Out of curiosity I tried hackzero's workaround but that failed to work.

Oh well, it would have been a fun distraction to play a bit of Manager Mode in FIFA10 when taking breaks from work. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer for that luxury!

Comment

Working...
          X