Daemon Tools Not Mounting ISO Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools Not Mounting ISO Files

Title basically says it all. Once I try to mount a file, in this case I've been trying to mount an ISO file, it attempts to mount it.... but nothing happens. In other words it doesn't open the file I want to mount. I've beem looking around the forums and saw that it could have something to do with a couple Microsoft updates I could've installed. If this is a repeated thread I do apologize and thank you in advance.

What is your DT version?

Comment

Is a drive letter assigned to the virtual device?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

same problem

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
        What is your DT version?
        i have the same problem and i just downloaded the DT lite 4356.

this isn't the first time i mounted this ISO image to a computer so i don't understand why it's not working

i would click to mount the image and the "mounting" thing pops up in the middle of the screen for a few second and nothing happens after...

Comment

Can you browse your virtual drive via My Computer or any other file manager?

Comment

Having the same problems with it...

Comment

same problem with iso files and the new version DT 4356. These iso files mounted with the older version of DT. Only started problem with new upgrade to DT 4356

Comment

What is the "same problem"?
                Which way did you mount an image?
                What is the result of mounting?
                Can you browse your virtual drive via My Computer or any other file manager?

Comment

Hello may I ask how to mount image. I'm using DTlite 4.40.1.127 (winXP sp3) and when i try to add an image DTlite just broke. i was using Dtlite before and i had never had any problems about mounting

Comment

Originally Posted by klica View Post
                    when i try to add an image DTlite just broke
                    Describe the problem more detailed. What do you mean DTLite just broke?

Comment

Hello,
                      I'm having problem with ISO file association.
                      I have installed DT Lite 4.40.2.0131 on windows 7 system.
                      On my administrator account I have no problems double clicking on ISO file and mounting it. But on my limited windows acoount in Integration menu ISO file is not checked. When I try to check it windows asks me for administrator password. After I enter the password nothing happends. ISO file association is still unchecked and I cannot mount it on double click in windows explorer. However I have no problem mounting it trough the systray menu. I have tried to associate ISO file extension with DT in Control panel/Default Programs/Set Associations, but after that when I double click ISO file in win explorer I get error: "Error in command line"

Comment

Did you try to run DTLite as administrator (via "Run as...")?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
                          Did you try to run DTLite as administrator (via "Run as...")?
                          Yes I did. When I run DT under administrator account (via run as) ISO file association is checked.
                          But that does not help double clicking in explorer which is run under limited user account.
                          I hope I have understood you question correctly. If not please be more specific what do you want me to try.

Comment

Ok, if you successfully enabled ISO files association, the icon of your ISO image should be changed to DTLite icon. Was it changed?

Comment

Problem is that when I run DTlite as limited user ISO file association is disabled. It is enabled only when I run DTLite as administrator (via run as or normal login).

Comment

Working...
                              X