No announcement yet.

Mixed-mode CD's and Windows 7 x64 Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed-mode CD's and Windows 7 x64 Bug?

I am using the latest free version of Daemon Tools Lite (4.35.5) on Windows 7 x64. It works fine except when I mount mixed-mode CD images (data track followed by CD audio tracks). In Windows XP I can play see and play the audio tracks on mixed-mode CD's mounted using Daemon Tools. In Windows 7 x64 I cannot regardless of the mixed-mode CD image used or of the audio player used to try to play the CD.

Is there some bug or limitation in Daemon Tools Lite that prevents the audio tracks on mixed-mode CD's from being played in 64-bit Windows 7?

Can you see all files and tracks in Windows at the same time?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sway View Post
      Can you see all files and tracks in Windows at the same time?
      No, but I can't in Windows XP either. The only way to see the audio tracks is in a media player or disc recorder application like Nero. However, in Windows 7 I can't see the audio tracks at all.

Right now the only way I can see and play the audio tracks in Windows 7 x64 is to open the image files with UltraISO. With it I can switch between viewing the data track and audio tracks. So, I know there is nothing wrong with the mixed-mode image files.

This looks like some imcompatibility with Windows 7 x64 and daemon tools. Since mixed-mode CD's are so rare now (they were mainly used for games in the mid and late 1990's), no one else has probably noticed this problem with Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
      X