• Show
Clear All

• unable to mount image on samba share

Operating System: win xp professional SP1
    Burning Software: nero 6.3
    Anti-virus Software: -
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

cant mount image on the samba share.

i checked the UPPER/lower case of the cue and bin files.

i copied the file to my local harddisk and tried to mount the image file and
    in this case DT mount the image without any problems

Try to use all upper case letters in the cue file and for the actual bin file. This has helped some user before.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Try to use all upper case letters in the cue file and for the actual bin file. This has helped some user before.
      The .CUE and .BIN are in upper case letters. But that didnt help.

The Solution was that i changed the ../directory/containing the .BIN and .CUE files to upper case letters. ../DIRECTORY/

Now the Mount with DaemonTool works fine...?

txs anyway

Comment

still unable to mount

Operating System: microsoft windows 2000
        Burning Software: d-tools
        Anti-virus Software: norton anti-virus coporate edition (ver:6.60.926)
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.46

Originally Posted by krus0n
        Originally Posted by Andareed
        The .CUE and .BIN are in upper case letters. But that didnt help.

The Solution was that i changed the ../directory/containing the .BIN and .CUE files to upper case letters. ../DIRECTORY/

Now the Mount with DaemonTool works fine...?

txs anyway
        Hi,

I still can't mount the image. it says, "unable to mount image. cue sheet: line 1 - file not accessable"

Comment

Open cue file in text editor and verify bin filename is correct,

Comment

how do i know the correct filename?

how do i know the correct filename?

Comment

unable to mount cue file

hi, i've changed the file name but i got a new error message" cue sheet: line 3 - First INDEX must be 0 or 1."

Comment

difference between cue and bin file?

hi, i just want to add another qns. is it necessary to mount cue file? can i just mount the bin file and install the game? what's the diff?

Comment

Now it is me who want to add new question: how did you create such image?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                    Now it is me who want to add new question: how did you create such image?
                    erm, sorry but i don't know what u mean? normally, i dl cue and bin file and then install it using d-tools. to install, i just mount the cue file(or image file, which i don't know y it's called image, don't see any pictures) and the game just installs. but i tried mounting bin file and it works too! my qns is, if that's the case, then y bother with cue file? is it bcos of some legal issues or what? that's what i need to know.

p.s: btw, i have fixed the cue in text editor and was able to install.

Comment

hi, i just want to add another qns. is it necessary to mount cue file? can i just mount the bin file and install the game? what's the diff?
                      the difference is that I just banned you because you don't read the rules

normally, i dl cue and bin file and then install it

Here the problem is the download. And believe me, it isn't normal. Normal
                      is to buy software you like. Not to download it. :roll:

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg View Post
                        the difference is that I just banned you because you don't read the rules
                        Here the problem is the download. And believe me, it isn't normal. Normal
                        is to buy software you like. Not to download it. :roll:
                        Yepp, totally agree with you. But how about the poor souls that don't want to swap around with CD and have created iamges for their own use and convenience.

I have this problem, and no, the trick with changing EVERY letter to pper case does not work. Plus, it has always worked like a dream before, so i don't se why it should stop now...

The only thing that I can connect it to is running a "apt-get dist-upgrade" on the server, witch installed a new version of SAMBA.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                        X