DAEMON Tools Pro Driver Error: 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAEMON Tools Pro Driver Error: 3

When I want to add a virtual SCSI device I get the following error: DAEMON Tools Pro Driver Error: 3.

I have looked on the web but I couldn't find any solutions to this problem. Please tell me what to do.

Thank you.

Is there an exclamation mark in device manager?
    Any error in event viewer?

EDIT: You also can try to uninstall DT and then after a reboot to reinstall it.
    Last edited by Blazkowicz; 28.02.2010, 15:40.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      Is there an exclamation mark in device manager?
      Any error in event viewer?

EDIT: You also can try to uninstall DT and then after a reboot to reinstall it.
      If by device manager you mean the mount n drive manager then there is no exclamation mark there.

I don't know what you mean with event viewer? How do I open that one?

I'll now try to uninstall and the reinstall. Thx

Comment

Both are parts of Windows.

Also ensure you are using latest Windows updates and latest DT.
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Both are parts of Windows.

Also ensure you are using latest Windows updates and latest DT.
          I may know what the problem is. Daemon tools says the 'device' it created is E:\. While actually, it created the F:\; the e:\ is my real cd/dvd-station.
          How can I change that?

Comment

DAEMON Tools Lite Help: Virtual Devices' Configuration
            Peace Through Power

Comment

That won't work because I have no virtual devices yet. I still have to 'make' one. It could be that I still have the F:/ because I have uninstalled Daemon tools earlier.

But is there another way to make Daemon Tools select the F:/ and not the E:/?

Thx a lot

Comment

Windows is doing drive letter assignment.
                You may use Disk Management (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management) to change drive letter of your physical one (E.

If you haven't created one yet, you should first find out what F: really is (e. g. from another virtual drive software).
                And if it is a left over, you may delete it in Device Manager.
                Peace Through Power

Comment

Windows is doing drive letter assignment.
                  You may use Disk Management (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management) to change drive letter of your physical one (E.

If you haven't created one yet, you should first find out what F: really is (e. g. from another virtual drive software).
                  And if it is a left over, you may delete it in Device Manager.
                  Did all of that and all of the things you suggested. However, it still doesn't work and still says: "DAEMON Tools Pro Driver Error: 3".

Still thanks for your help. I know this is a bit unthoughtful to ask, but are there any programs on the web similar to DAEMON Tools, so I can try that?

Thx 4 all the help.

Comment

You haven't answered the questions regarding Event viewer and Device Manager yet.

Take also a look at http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dae...ror-1-a-22852/
                    Peace Through Power

Comment

You haven't answered the questions regarding Event viewer and Device Manager yet.

Take also a look at http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f19/dae...ror-1-a-22852/
                      Have already looked on that post, but also didn't work. By the way, sorry I forgot to answer those questions. No exclamation mark in Device Manager and no errors in Event Viewer...

I'm now downloading virtual cd (program like DAEMON Tools). Sorry for that, I like Daemon Tools a lot, but it just doesn't work on my laptop.

Thx for all the effort.

Comment

answer

Hey there, I had the same problem like you and I fixed it very easily...right click on the daemon tools icon in the taskbar (next ti the clock) and go to preferences-> advanced-> and disable Advanced Simulation. That's it, well for me it was, after this worked perfectly and the error message disappeared

Comment

saemon tools pro driver error 3

Originally Posted by nacsesz View Post
                          Hey there, I had the same problem like you and I fixed it very easily...right click on the daemon tools icon in the taskbar (next ti the clock) and go to preferences-> advanced-> and disable Advanced Simulation. That's it, well for me it was, after this worked perfectly and the error message disappeared
                          i hve the same problem but i cannot find the advanced preferences on daemon tools...

Comment

Working...
                          X