Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Conflict with Emulation Software detected."

Hey everyone, this is my first post on these forums

I'm trying to run Grand Theft Auto IV (legal copy) on my PC without the disc.

I have DTools Lite 4.35.5. installed, as well as YASU 9.6 (9040) [those are the most recent versions, right?].

I make an image of the disc using the "Disc Imaging..." in DTL, and it makes two files, a '.mds' and a '.mdf'. I then mount the '.mds' to a virtual device (G: ) that I created.

But when I try to run the game, I get an error message from Securom saying how theres a "Conflict with Emulation Software detected.", then gives a link, etc.

Then I try running YASU. I copy it into the DTLite directory, and since it won't run without a 'daemon.exe', I rename "DTLite.exe" to "daemon.exe". Then I open YASU, click 'cloak', but it says that it ignored 'G:' (my virtual drive) because "it does not require updating"

I tried the same thing but with the '.mdf' file instead of the '.mds', but the same thing happened.

Am I doing something wrong, or does GTA IV use a Securom version DTL and/or YASU can't get around?

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by LCstuntman View Post
    Then I open YASU, click 'cloak', but it says that it ignored 'G:' (my virtual drive) because "it does not require updating"
    Regarding that issue please have a look at this thread:

At least version GTA IV v1.0.2.1 should work with DT+YASU
    IIRC later versions don't work on all systems (if they're using SecuROM 7.40.x).
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      Regarding that issue please have a look at this thread:
      http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f40/inf...ing-bug-26170/
      I tried it, but it didn't work. Will it make any difference if I try it with Alcohol and ACID?

At least version GTA IV v1.0.2.1 should work with DT+YASU
      IIRC later versions don't work on all systems (if they're using SecuROM 7.40.x).
      Maybe that's the problem, I'm running the 5th patch, 1.0.0.4.
      How do I check which Securom version my game is using? And if DT doesn't support 7.40.x right now, will it ever (new updates, etc)? Does any other program support 7.40.x?

Sorry for all the questions

By the way, I forgot to put in my original post that the OS that I'm using is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Comment

Try DTE and DT Pro.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate everyone's help
          Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          Try DTE and DT Pro.
          I'm now using DT Pro Trial, and I installed DTE, but what exactly am I supposed to do with it? When I bring it up it shows me whether or not the drives are cloakable; Is there something else I should be doing with it also?

Anyways, I tried mounting the .MDS to an IDE drive instead, and this time YASU successfully cloaked it, but I got another error saying "Please insert the original disc instead of a backup"

I'm going to try and find out which SecuROM version GTA IV uses, maybe that will help someone pinpoint the problem.

Comment

This means bad image.
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              This means bad image.
              Yeah, I thought that too. I made another image through DT Pro, this time making it a .MDX file, and in the 'Disk imaging', I changed the 'profile' to 'New Securom'. Same thing. If you're sure it's a bad image, would am I doing wrong? Is there any other option I should select in 'Disc Imaging', or should I change the format, etc.?

Also, on this page I found GTA IV's SecuROM version to be 7.38.0014. Correctly if I'm wrong, but I think that's supposed to be compatible with DT/YASU, so the game itself shouldn't be a problem.

I tried it with Alcohol 52%/ACID as well (Sorry to talk about Alcohol products on these boards), and the only change was that it cloaked the virtual device and gave the physical device the "does not require updating" message, but it still didn't work, so DT doesn't seem to be the main problem.

So it does seem like the only thing that could be wrong is the image... that or the fact that YASU isn't working properly.

Once again, thank you for the help

Comment

I just found out that there is a place to check the SecuROM a game uses on this very forum
                It turns out the SecuROM version GTA IV uses is 07.39.0004 - not the one I posted earlier; it changed in patch 1.0.2.1., like Terramex said. I'm still pretty sure that's supported though, so the game still should be compatible with DT/YASU.

Comment

You can try to use a different DPM speed (not all drives perform good measurements at every speed)
                  or
                  you can try this MDS file instead of your own (adjust filenames if different)
                  and/or
                  you can try whether it helps to create a Mini Image as described here - sometimes this helps to get rid of error 1000

P.S.: regarding the usage of DTE, please have a look at this site - please note the drive letter order
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

You can try to use a different DPM speed (not all drives perform good measurements at every speed)
                    or
                    you can try this MDS file instead of your own (adjust filenames if different)
                    and/or
                    you can try whether it helps to create a Mini Image as described here - sometimes this helps to get rid of error 1000

P.S.: regarding the usage of DTE, please have a look at this site - please note the drive letter order
                    Thanks a bunch, I'll try all of them and report back later

Comment

VICTORY!!

YES!! I got it to work using the MDS file on that website instead of my own, so there's no doubt I messed up the disc imaging process somehow. YASU still said it didn't update the drive, but apparently it did, because it doesn't work without it cloaking. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X