Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hi what is the speciality of the new MDX format ?

New User

Default Hi what is the speciality of the new MDX format ?

Hi I just bought Daemon Tools Pro ADV and this is my first post here. I would like to know what is the advantage of the new MDX ( Media Data eXtended ) format and when do we use it ?

Oh and an unrelated question if you guys please don't mind. Is there any way I can change my user name ?

TIA
    Last edited by Partha : 02.04.2010 at 02:43

Quote Originally Posted by partha.nandi1 View Post
    Hi I just bought Daemon Tools Pro ADV and this is my first post here. I would like to know what is the advantage of the new MDX ( Media Data eXtended ) format and when do we use it ?
    MDX is very similar to MDS/MDF format and supports almost all of MDS/MDF format features except that all data is in one monolithic file only. MDX format was created because it is much more comfortable to have one file instead of 2 files.
    Quote Originally Posted by partha.nandi1 View Post
    Oh and an unrelated question if you guys please don't mind. Is there any way I can change my user name ?
    Send me preferred username by PM or email.

New User

Hi Sway, thanks for the reply. Can I please request you to elaborate a bit more on "almost all of MDS/MDF format" ? Why did you use the term "almost" and not all if I may ask ?

Oh and I have also sent you a PM requesting change of username.

As MDX file contains major information about image data structure, it cannot be split to several parts.
    But you are able to use this option for MDS/MDF image. Splitting is applied only to MDF file.

Frage iso's or MDX's compressing

Is there a way to high compressed iso/MDX files? I saw some OS compressed in only 10MB and then came into 2.3GB! Thanks.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

Those are fakes filled up with zeroes of data.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power